Hi Wolf.

On the first issue: No, Guernica's Estatuto is not the same as the other Autonomous Communities, it is very special indeed. Why? Because the Basque Country has fueros and is an historic community, the same as Catalonia, Galicia, Valencia and some others.

For example, I live in the Autonomous Community of Madrid (Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid). Of course we don't have a nationalist feeling about our belonging to this Community, nor we need or want some powers transferred, but the point is that as an autonomous community we might have the same rights as the basques: false.

We don't have autonomous police, nor we have health, education, justice and many other issues transferred to our autonomous government. The same occurs with the rest of autonomous communities. What I mean is that the autonomy of the Basque Country is fully developed and far beyond the autonomy that some federal countries have for their states.

About the self determination: Not any single region, state or lander have it recognized and it is not included as a Human Right or as an article of any constitution of any country in the world. They have they own parlament and their own government. If they want independence, federalism or whatever the hell they may appeal to the central government and make a referendum, that is recognized in the spanish constitution of 1978.

About Cuba: ETA has its base of operations on Algeria and France, not in Cuba (but Castro supported ETA economicly some time ago).

Castro is a dictator, and as such any democratic government should want him to retire and let his people live free in a democracy. I guess the spanish government has a different attitude towards Cuba than the one USA has because we have comercial interests there. It's my opinion, just that.

If a spaniard told you anything about how bad you treat Cuba it may be because we share a common culture with them I guess. Anyway, I feel that the USA have been more than friendly to the cubans who have go to Florida, so I have nothing to say about that. For me Castro is a dictatorship, I would be glad if he goes and let Cuba be free.