You got me completely wrong, Wolfgang. You say:

"I guess that would mean Germany is not for Germans."

No! I was just replying to the argument put forward by someone else in this thread that the Basques should have their own country BECAUSE they're a separate race.

My point is first, there's no biological, scientfic way to define race.
Second, neither of the nationalities that for the past few centuries have been known as Germans, British, Spanish and so on, neither of those correspond to a single race. How could anyone with a minimum knowledge of European history argue that what we call French or Italians are single ethnic entities? The same applies everywhere else and increasingly so because we tend towards an open world without boundaries of any kind, whether you like it or not.
Even if the Basques had managed to keep their race pure along the centuries (an impossible in my view), I do not see any particular merit to it nor I consider this to justify their demands for a nation of their own.

I disagree with a lot more of what you said in that and your following messages, but I'll just touch on one other thing.

"Why in the world would anyone be a terrorist unless they have a cause?...You have to recognize the cause that ETA serves before you can find a way to have them lay down their arms. The problem is, the government of Spain refuses to address the cause they stand for, and that, unto itself, is the biggest reason that ETA continues doing what they do."

Well, I think this government, as all others since 1975 have fully recognized the cause ETA pretends to be fighting for. Why do you think the 1975 Constitution addressed the issue and since then the Basque Country has achieved virtual economic and political independence from the rest of Spain? What do you mean by addressing the cause ETA stand for? Does that mean letting them have everything they are trying to achieve through murder rather than by democratic means? As far as I know, when there's a conflict, both parties have to give in for an agreement to be reached. What else, other than independence, is there left for the central government to give to the Basque Country so that ETA stops murdering people? Incidentally, whichever way you handle the figures and percentages form different elections, the overall result is the same: there's not a clear majority supporting independence among the Basques themselves.
I can see no reason to give in to a bunch of fanatics that have it all wrong to start with.