This thread is perfect timing because JUST TODAY I spent 4-hours in a Sexual Harassment training session/orientation as a work-related requirement for everyone.

One of the points was that it WAS SEXUAL HARASSMENT if one stares at another person long enough to make the receiver of those stares uncomfortable. I thought, "WOW!! This could never be a 'law' in Spain!" Not to mention no cat-calls, whistles, or "¡Ay! ¡Tio Bueno!" type remarks. And also, that no one should touch, hug, or kiss another person because it was inappropriate behavior in the workplace. How many Spaniards have you seen kissing each other on the cheeks upon seeing one another. We are two VERY different cultures to be sure! And sadly, I might add.

[for the record, MadridMan in no way condones nor practices sexual harassment in any form]

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog