I am having the hardest time finding sandals in San Francisco for my upcoming trip to Spain.

My main problem is with all the "open heel" ie "mules" or "slides" (you know, those shoes without any heel covering) that are so trendy now. There are some really cute ones, but in no way do they suit my style, nor do they stay on my feet! Plus, I cannot stand flip-flops or the sound heel-back-less shoes make "flip flop flip flop" ugh - it's so un-cool (in my opinion).

Are these types of shoes just as trendy in Madrid or Granada as in San Francisco? Will I get to Spain and find only these types of sandals?

I have a terrific pair of 1960s Italian leather sandals that look a bit Greek that would be perfect except the sole of one of the shoes is cracking and they might not last the full month of July. I wish so much that I could find something like these: flat soles, 90% leather, good foot covering, but open toes, sides and heels with a little strap going around the heel and a buckle on the side.

So, my question, is it possible to find stylish, leather, flat soled, heel-strapped open toe sandals in Madrid?

Gracias de antemano
...Syd