Hello all...

My friend and I are planning on taking the courses at UCM this summer for extranjeros. We are both teachers and we were looking to take the 4 week summer grad classes that involve methodology, culture, and a few other topics. We were going to go through an organization based out of the US but we figured out we could save money if we just signed up straight through Compultense. The problem is that there is a 12Euro charge to hold your spot and registration doesn't start until June 12, which we will then be in Italy.

I guess my biggest concern isn't exactly signing up for the courses because I think we will be able to do it when we get there a few weeks before the program starts but I was wondering if anyone had gone through the program before and what they did to sign up.

The BIGGEST problem is we dont have a place to stay....a lot of the apartments have a 3 month minimum and the colegios mayores (dorms) require an interview and other things that we won't be able to do since we are coming from across the ocean. Any ideas on where to stay? I know some hostels do extended stays but that can get pretty expensive. We are also a little concerned about laundry....Any ideas out there???

Sorry if that sounded confusing but I hope you were able to figure it out and you can help us!