I've searched the forums for posts that might apply to our situation however, I've found nothing.

My wife is a citizen of the UK and I am an american citizen and also a legal permanent resident of the UK. We have been married for 7 years and are planning to make a move to Madrid soon. (long term)

I realize that my wife will have no problem seeking work and living in Spain due to the fact that she's a citizen of an EU member state. However, I'm a bit confused as to whether I will be able to legally reside and work in Spain as well.

My main questions are:

1. Will I be able to live and work in Spain?
2. Will I be able to get a bank account?
3. Is it difficult to find an apartment in the suburbs for say, 450 per month? (keep in mind I'm talking about living 20 to 25 miles out of the city)
4. What areas of Madrid should we be extra carefull in?

I appreciate any help any of you may be able to provide. It's difficult to find information with regard to the legal status of a couple in our position. All the info on the internet seems to be about EU citizens or non-EU citizens. I've yet to run across anything pertaining to people married to an EU citizen who is also a legal permanent resident of an EU member state.

Please help