Hi there!

Canadian, United Statesen, Mexican, African, it's all the same. You won't be able to legally work in Spain unless you're a European Union citizen OR unless you're offered a work visa. I cannot recommend nor suggest you break the law and work illegally. Don't do it.

If you want to teach English in Spain I strongly suggest you visit the Expatriate Café webiste @ http://www.ExpatriateCafe.com . This is a website focused on the United Statesen teaching English in Spain but the same rules apply to you too, I'm sure. Check it out. It's LOADED with information and they have a message board there too for these topics.

Keep in mind that southern Spain (and the islands) is where MOST of the Brits go to work/live and THEY can work legally so your competition will be stiff, to say the least.

If possible, you might consider just going for 3-months, using only your visitor visa, and seeing what your chances are and go from there.

Best of luck! Saludos, MadridMan

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! WOW! eek What a shock!! I now see on the Expatriate Café site that the famed Tracy Shields is no longer operating the website. GUESS WHO IS!!!! GO ON! GUESS!! Our own Chica is half-owner of the new Expatriate Café. Congratulations, Chica!! Read all about the switch-over HERE .

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog