Acshinn,

Are you still teaching in Valencia?
I just got back from Barcelona after three months and although my TEFL course was cancelled 4 times I ended up getting a job through an ad I put in loquo.com--great site if you are looking to live or living in spain. Well that job got me about 3 other jobs and i was teaching conversational english to 8 children. And the working under-the-table bit was easy..at least in Barcelona it was and although the pay wasn't spectacular..it wasn't entirely bad. I'm not sure if you get down to Barcelona at all but if you do you should pick up a great english newspaper called THE CATALONIAN TODAY...its a great paper (its daily and free and very popular among the barcelonins) that on a regular basis informs on immigration laws, teaching in english, etc. Last I heard Zapatero was proposing a law that would allow illegals to get a working permit if they can prove they have a working contract for 6 months and the same address for 6 months. You should really look into this as it could benefit a person like you.

Regards from Chicago,
Mar