<<They aren't the corporate types and detail-oriented professionals that you'll find at hotels.

I know every member of the López family and they are truly special, sweet, kind, hard-working people>>

Thanks Madridman and Liz49 for replying. My husband is Spanish from nearby Segovia (and lived many years in Madrid while at University) and we have stayed in many a hostal before. Neither one of us ever expected the corporate type... We decided to try to stay there due to the glowing reviews specifically about the López family. We have never tried to stay at a hostal more than 1 week at a time though but in this case it is MUCH cheaper than an apartment in Madrid. We don't need the Hostal on the weekends as we have a free place with our family in Segovia. If we cannot stay there a month, or more accurately 19 days, then I will try other places. I will call them in mid May to make the reservation then. Is this about right for going the 1st week in July?

<<I did this at the Hostal Residencia Lisboa on c. Ventura de la Vega in Madrid--I stayed there for six weeks.>>
Liz49 I will check this out. Thank you for the info.
This website is AMAZING and I have already recomended it to all of the students that are coming to Madrid in the program that my husband teaches with. I will post my experiences when I return. Meanwhile if anyone has any questions about Segovia feel free to ask (post). I would be glad to answer.