Ok, I've followed the whole thread of issues and I feel caught up. Here's my spin, from somewhere in Canada:

Spain's new government is the laughingstock of the modern world. I don't know whether to blame the government itself, or the people who voted. Clearly you have people who are angry and hurt who went to the polling station; and when emotions run high, poor decision making is usually the result. Look what you're left with. Spain's new "democratic" government has no sense of what being democratic and free really means, as they don't stand with other democracies--they and the people of Spain have largely chosen to side with the terrorists in the most selfish way possible. You don't want terrorism in your country, I can understand that. But the result of your actions, Spain, is that you have sent a very clear message to terrorists the world over: "Terrorism Works!!" And now the rest of the world will have to stay on their toes because Spain has given in to the terrorist demands, have sided with terrorism so that the terrorists leave them alone, and them only, alone. Well Spain; and I'm talking to the lucky survivors/voters who take world peace and basic human freedoms for granted: Being alone is what you deserve. When Iraqis need you most, you want to leave them alone. If you have anybody at your side, it is now the terrorists, as they too will leave you alone--but how do you feel good about that?

Bottom line is this. The terrorists achieved everything they wanted to and more. You have given terrorism no greater reward. You have given the rest of the world no greater plague. And now you can calmly sit on the sidelines, because now you at least have your safety. Selfish selfish selfish. Tut tut tut.