Ok, I don't get it. Many people in the world think Iraq had no direct or indirect ties to terrorism, even though Saddam was sending checks to homicide bombers in Israel, and didn't understand why the US removed Saddam from power after 12 years of snubbing his nose at the UN's numerous resolutions.

Ok, I have one question, if Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism, neither directly nor indirectly, why now are you guys saying that the attack on 3/11 DID have something to do with the war in Iraq? It seems some of you are speaking out of both sides of your mouths.

Very well said Booklady. People also must remember that the United States was never attacked by Germany yet we declared war on Germany as well. A nation can't defend itself from only direct attacks and expect to survive, it must defend itself from ALL attacks, to include the allies of the enemy that attacked it's borders and cities.

I am not a Republican or a Democrat. I am a Libertarian. I have decided to take the Republican's side on this issue in the States this one time because I feel the Libertarian's policy of isolationism is one that would put this, or any other country, at great danger. Guys, you can't close up your doors and think that it will keep you safe. There comes a time when you must take a stand and defend your right to be.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?