My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight in Madrid and throughout Spain. I'm reminded of the outcry of the poet Cesar Vallejo, "Spain take this cup from me!" Indeed, you are again going through a passion of your own.

I urge you to hold back judgement until you've considered all possible perpetrators. Could ETA really have done this? As for Al Qaeda (whoever they really are, whatever they do), why this, why now? Would the CIA and the Mossad have more to gain--with elections coming up in both Spain and the USA? Think. Don't unthinkingly become the "useful idiots" of a new, more subtle form of fascism. Have reports of the death of the Generalissimo been slightly exaggerated? What I am saying, plainly, is that you dear people must be as concerned with threats from within as with theats from without. For it is not in the least inconceivable that the events of 9/11 were a kind of Reichstag fire, and that the events of 3/11 are now the same. Do not be manipulated. Let's not jump to hasty conclusions, but let's consider all of these things before there are more dead bodies in the streets of our burning cities. Before we lose more of our loved ones.

I pray the Lord Jesus protect you from all threats both without and within--a prayer were are all so in need of in these troubled days.

Las simpatia mas profundas.

EL DIO LE BENEDICE.

--V.R.