HERE is the link to the story on Fox News. Anyone with any ideas on how to explain to 15 high school students just what happened here? confused

Normally I would assume that it was ETA. I'm not so sure though since there was no pre-bomb warning, which is their M.O. If it was "al-Cowarda" though, we'll probably find a couple of arab bodies among the wreckage...what with the promise of paradise for the "martyrs" and all. There were three other undetonated explosive packs found on the trains.

Regarding the "stopping vans" comment: In the above-linked story, they mention stopping at least 1 van with 1100 lbs of explosives on it on 2/29. In a city of more than 5 million you have to weigh the "stop all vans" vs. "spot check." That's the world reality we have now.

I'm confident that the Spanish authorities will find those responsible. Unfortunately, those reponsible are past feeling, and any punishment wouldn't be enough to make them feel otherwise. There is likely no rehabilitation for these sorts of people who delight in shedding blood.

Today's massacre is another witness for the necessity of a death penalty in these sorts of extreme cases. And in the same breath, I pray for those innocent victims and their families that GOD comforts them today going forward.

Peace.