I want to explain something: I as an individual can relate to people from other cultures withouth a problem. I´m not closed at all in that matter. But I as an "individual living in a colective" (Spanish society) I´m against that other colectives come massively to Spain because the only thing they will cause is create problems in the existing Spanish society.

SRedw,

I had written a long message answering your questions but I´ve lost it when I did a "copy and paste". basically what I was saying is that multicultural societies have never worked and will never work. There is no example in the world, in the past or in the present where multicultural societies are working. In many times it ended dramatically (Yugoslavia as an example). The government can´t do magic, if millions of immigrants want to come to Spain the government will only be capable of repatriate a minimum number of illegals. The government can´t either prevent that the immigrants kill, steal or rape. The government can put them in jail AFTER they´ve commited their acts but not preventing it. The government can´t differenciate delinquents from non-delinquents when accepting inmigrants. So it is not easy for the government to do something totally eficcient.

And for the US, I know that the Southwest of the US is being invaded by millions of Mexicans. I´m against it and I´m also against the desire of many of them that want that Spanish could become a cooficial language in the Southwest of the US. The more mexicans they are, the more power they will get and the more problems they will create to the existing anglo society. So extrapolate it to Spain and you will understand my position much better.