I don't really want to get in the middle of this issue, but I have a question to ask because I'm a bit confused about what people really seem to believe regarding this issue.

If the majority of crimes against person, like pickpockets, and muggings are conducted by immigrants, and if we suggest it's because they are poor, why are these people allowed into Spain if they aren't going to be an active part of their society and work for a living? The test of living there should obviously be gainful employment.

Obviously, if allowing illegal aliens to remain free on their own recognizance isn't working, then it's up to the Spanish government to create speedy trials, and make these criminals pay for their crimes. If the ruling of the court is that they have violated their agreement for being there, they should be deported immediately upon serving their time.

If a person refuses to name their nation of origin, after commission of a crime, and being convicted, they obviously don't deserve to remain free on Spanish soil, and should be incarcerated until such time as they admit to their origin, and be deported upon that admission.

It seems like the biggest problem the Spanish government has with creating a safer environment is the fact that the law isn't geared up to "dissuade" these people from being criminals. It might be time for the people to demand stiffer penalties, and immediate action.

Wolf