I am leaving tonight for Madrid! I am wearing my jeans over, so I don't have to pack them. This seems to be quite an argument on this board, to wear or not to wear. I have looked at pictures, and other websites, and I have to say, I do see people wearing jeans. I do not see people wearing jeans to dinner. I only plan to wear jeans, if it is cool outside and I am walking around town sightseeing, and wear back home. I'll change into a skirt for dinner. I think I saw that someone else said to wear tights at night, because it's cool, which I plan to do. I also have gathered that the young girls are now wearing the tight black lycra pants that they wear here. Great for the young ones, but being in my thirties, you're not going to see me in them. eek I hope that slacks and skirts will be ok. I also have packed the white T-shirts, linen shirts to go over, and skirts. Mostly, black, white and tan. I plan to take my small rolled suitcase on as a carry on. I hope this allowed. At O'Hare airport, they actually have a size requirement guide you have to put your suitcase on to go through security, if it doesn't fit, it has to be checked in. I have read alot of horror stories about checking luggage, so I have packed, half of what I normally take. Especially the shoes. I'll let you all know what happens when I return.