I have heard/read that hostels actually prefer receiving fax reservation requests rather than emails. If they prefer to fax reservation requests, do they, in turn, FAX the sender of the fax a FAX confirmation. I can't imagine hostels wanting to pay international phone rates to fax a reply to the request. And (on and on... rolleyes ) MOST of the senders of those faxes are probably doing so from their home computers and they aren't typically equipped to RECEIVE faxes unless they're setup up and "ready" at all times. Antonio, can you enlighten us on this topic?

zero262quick, you may just have to phone them and ask. If you have a friend who speaks some Spanish ask him/her to make the phone call at your expense. That is, of course, if you're not confident with your own Spanish (sorry, I don't recall if you speak Spanish or not). I'm not really sure what else you can do. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog