Hi, all....

Have been lurking for the last several weeks and want to congratulate MM and all his members for the insightful info as I plan a long-awaited trip with my mom to Spain. We'll be there in mid to late Spring. Well, anyway, didn't quite know where to put this...("Packing" seemed appropriate).

A couple of immediate issues are on the agenda: How to acquire cel phones for short durations and traveling with medications. I did a search on these, but came up with zero results. I'm sure this must have been discussed at some time. Is it appropriate to do so, again?

Regarding medications:
I understand that a letter from the doctor and keeping meds in their original containers is advised, but how does one deal with the x-ray machines and any effects on meds? Should/can the meds be filled in Spain with a prescription from the US? Are hospitals/pharmacies ammenable to tourists with certain chronic conditions (heart, diabetes, etc.)? Emergency medical situations? (Heaven forbid, but has anyone had one?)

Regarding the cel phones:
Can a Verizon serviced cel phone be programmed to a Spanish cel phone company's service? Who does one contact to get a Spanish or European cel service for one month? And are the costs reasonable?

Oh, and a third item...Has anyone made a map of Madrid to show the various barrios and whether they represent the better vs. seedier places to wander in (or out of)?

Thanks in advance for all the advise!