Hi!

I am really glad that MadridMan invited me for lunch, thank you very much MM. I had a great time with him, he's a very friendly person and a great man.

The restaurant has a family atmosphere, the clientele is mainly Spanish. The place is clean and quiet and the waiters are very professional.

The paella was very good at Bouganvilla. I cannot say it is the best paella in Madrid, but at least the rice was perfectly cooked, not soft, not hard and the rice grains were clearly visible as individual ones. In other restaurants (not specializing in paella) I couldn't distinguise the rice grains, the paella was like pap or plaster.

I didn't try "La Barraca" or "Paella de la Reina", but I promise that I will do it. I also have heard good comments about "L'Albufera" Restaurants in Madrid.

If you visit la Bouganvilla my advice is to tell the waiter when you order the paella not to add the "picada de ajo y perejil" (chopped garlic and parsley), they say it is their personal touch, but in my opinion its taste is too strong and hides the rest of the flavours. Furthermore Valencians never add this ingredient to any kind of paella.

Saludos