Hi Pammie,

If I may ask, what do you want to budget? Just to help us help you...

I recently stayed at the NH Nacional . The rooms were very stylish, good service, and excellent maid service. Views of the Real Jardin Botánico were had, and the price was €69,12 per night. The price was a "special" through the wedding we all were attending, but I saw on the Internet for only 1.000 ESP more.

I would wait for a few Madrileños to give you some good local advice, but I mention the Nacional because the price/value is quite good, and the location is wonderful.

Their website states that it's in "The Art Triangle" (Reina-Sofía, Thyssen, AND Prado) - it is close to a lot of culture. If you're looking to experience Madrid's great night-life it's only five minute walk from a very lively area (someone help me with the name of this area... smile .

Around the corner from Atocha (and the Metro stop) - you could take the AVE from here for a high-speed bullet-train to Sevilla (very romantic smile ; is just accross the Paseo del Prado from the vast Retiro park. They say Madrid has the most "green-space," or parks, of any European capital.

The Ritz and Palace are probably the most exclusive, romantic, and even better located to all the sites I mentioned. Their prices, however, are higher than the NH Nacional.

Felicitaciones (on the wedding)...

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: JJP ]