Don't go to a bullfight just to go and say that you went. That's not the point. If you decide to go- I suggest you read up on it a bit and try to get a basic understanding of what it is, what it means. Bullfighting in NOT a sport. To someone who doesn't understand it, as well as foreign to the culture it may seem like animal cruelty- it is not. It takes some study and knowledge to understand why its not but that's a much longer discussion than what one can get into on a message board. There is much to learn to understand what it is about including learning the nature of the bull and their intelligence- which is much greater than you may think.

Like it or don't like it- everyone it entitiled to their opinion. Personally I don't like it, but I know what its about and I respect it and accept it as part of my culture- and yes I do love animals!

Bullfighting is not a sport, its an artform. It is the fight of man against beast and trust me- even with all of the people in the ring- the bull still has the advantage! (I know that's hard to believe so I refer back again- its something you need to learn something about and gain some understanding on it before you blindly subject yourself to it) It also won't be a cultural experience unless you have some prior knowledge about it.