LiM --

TALK TO ME! I make a mean loaf a bananna bread (with the mini chocolate chips to boot) every now and then. I have my whole Spanish family hooked on it. I have also made orange muffins. Maybe not quite as huge as the typical American coffee house ones...but all modesty aside, just as good.

Since I just got back from the states, I brought a couple of packs of brownie mix for my sister in laws to make (they are always bugging me to make them). I know...PACKAGED brownie mix. Oh well. I tried making them from scratch here, but the consistency did not come out the same. I guess I have to experiment a bit more with the oven, local ingredients and measurement conversions. :p

I also brought back a couple of boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix. Not as good as made from scratch, but will suffice when you need a quick fix. smile

I have made the chocolate chip cookies here, but they didnīt turn out right. I think it was due to the baking sheets. I used the Airbake sheets that someone gave me as a wedding shower gift...not the traditional baking sheets. Not that Airbake will mean much to you being a man without an oven (not a sexist remark! :p ). If any bakers out there know the secret to those Airbake sheets, please let me know!

PIM - Chocolate chip cookie dough is the best. There even exists an ice cream flavor of choco chip cookie dough. Frankly I think thatīs a bit overboard...but there are some fans out there!

My mom did the bread baking thing when she had the whim to purchase a bread maker. That lasted ohhh about a month after which she got tired of cleaning the darned machine!

I much prefer any homebaked product over any product sold in any coffee shop including the giant cookies in Starbucks or the Magdalenas "in bags" ughhhh!