confused Dear Señora Sofía (and others fluent in Spanish), please humor the struggling student:
Quote:
Only if you change matrimonio -> matrimonial can it follow cama. Otherwise, separate the two nouns with "de".

From the quote above, it seems that both are correct: "Cama de matrimonio" and "cama matrimonial". No? Although, Antonio did put his "Cama de Matrimonio" in italics for my benefit, I believe, so I would believe him.

Good topic for those of us trying to learn another language. Thanks for your patience!

Also, on the "double room" topic, as I said in my first follow-up in this thread:
Quote:
you don't need to tell them the sex of the other person staying with you - and you should get the larger bed.
... if you're (or anyone) is hoping to share that double bed with someone of the same sex, it's probably a good idea not to mention this on the phone or in the reservation. I suggest simply stating that two persons will be occupying the room and you request a cama de matrimonio. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog