I'm planning my first trip to Spain and leave on September 27 through October 14. This is my fourth european adventure but my first time to Spain. I'm traveling with a friend who's fluent in (mexican) spanish. We're both in our mid-30's and we enjoy getting a feel for the local cultures and a little night life - the all night party years have been left behind in my 20's however! I love history and just wandering around soaking up atmosphere. I live at the beach so it is not very important to visit a beach resort to relax. However, I do want time in the cities I've chosen to relax and not rush.

That's my intro. I would love to get feedback on my current itinerary!

Toledo - 2 nights; arrive at airport and take bus or train to Toledo

Segovia - 2 nights; take train from Toledo to Madrid then Madrid to Segovia; day trip to LaGranja palace

Salamanca - 2 nights; bus from Segovia to Avila - visit for a few hours; train or bus from Avila to Salamanca

Sevilla - 3 nights; train from Salamanca to Madrid; AVE to Seville; day trip to Cordoba

Arcos de la Frontera - 2 nights; rent car in Sevilla; day trips to Jerez de la Frontera and route of Pueblo Blancos (Zahara/Grazamela)

Ronda - 1 night; stop at Pilata caves

Granada - 2 nights; drop off rental car when we arrive

Madrid - 2 nights; fly from Granada to Madrid

Thanks in advance for all of your help smile

Oops- forgot to mention that I've already decided that next year I'm going to spend another 2 weeks in Spain. That trip will focus on Northern Spain from Barcelona to Santiago!

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: CathyM ]