On M.M´s suggestion, I´ll write a bit about Burgos, since I live here. It is located in the north of Spain in the province of Castilla y Leon, about 3 hours north of Madrid. The closest cities are Zaragoza, San Sebastian and Santander. It has some of the coldest weather in Spain, staying below 30 degrees from November to March. It´s claims to fame are that it is part of the Camino de Santiago, the home of El Cid and Franco´s headquarters during the Spanish Civil War, although all memory of Franco has been eradicated and all the street names and monuments bearing his (and his cronies´) names have been renamed. It has some cool medieval architecture and 12th century city wall which is still partially intact. The people are pretty friendly, although not as nice as Andalucians, and they speak a beautiful, pure castellano. There´s a good bar scene but it´s not the most cosmopolitan city in the world. There´s not a USA today to be found and very few places carry foreign news. The biggest drawback to Burgos is the cold, but I like it here. Any questions about it, please send me an e-mail!