Hi, Tara

Just some advice, I stayed at the Parador de Caceres in September and was very dissapointed with the room. It did not uphold the standards that a $110/night hotel with such hype makes you expect. Also, the air conditioning was basically nonexistent, we had to get a fan, since it was sweltering hot that weekend. Also, the bathroom was straight out of the late 70´s.

Funny thing is, as a fellow hotelier I was supposed to get a nice room... They did give me a discount when I complained again at check out, but they made me feel like I was begging. The parador in itself is beautiful, and I thoroughly recommend their restaurant, outstanding food and superb ambiance, in the courtyard of the little 13th. century palace.

Some friends of mine have stayed in the nearby Hotel Meliá Cáceres and swear by it, also an old palace remodelled, and their rates are cheaper. Although the Melias are for the most part modern business hotels, they are starting to expand to older, classier places to compete in cities that have been for years "Parador strongholds". Check out also the brand new Meliá Trujillo boutique hotel.

I hope you and your parents have a beautiful stay in Spain!