I just got back from Spain and part of my journey included a 3 night stay in Ibiza. My friends and I had decided from Barcelona that we wanted to go...the ferry cost from Barcelona on Transmeditteranea was about $100 US dollars for an 8 hour ferry ride that departed only once a day at midnight. We opted to fly using AirEuropa for $170 US roundtrip for only a 45 minute flight. Depending on the amount of time you have to spend in Europe, it may be more time efficient to use the plane. We (me and four friends) arrived in Ibiza with nowhere to stay. At the airport and the ferry terminal there is a tourist info booth and they will provide you with all the necessary info to find a place to stay, we found a 2 star hotel on the beach in Play de Embossa named Tur Palace, a double went for about $60 US dollars. I could write about Ibiza for days...it is the most beautiful Island, the water is warm the sun stays out till 10:30 the people are beautiful etc etc etc. we went to Amnesia one night and the second night we went to MTV Ibiza...wow what a party...if you are a little adventurous I definitely recommend renting a moped and discovering the remote beautiful spots on the island!