Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9888 - 10/02/00 04:54 PM Buses in Andalucia
bugs Offline

In November, my planned route is Madrid to Granada, Ronda, Sevilla, Cordoba, Madrid. I will take the AVE from Cordoba to Madrid but all the rest I planned to take the bus (unless someone can personally recommend the Madrid-Granada train route). The Alsa web site had Madrid-Granada but only for October. Am I missing something? I've searched all over for Granada-Ronda-Sevilla-Cordoba bus routes (note these are 3 separate trips), and can't find anything.

#9889 - 10/02/00 07:06 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Congratulations bugs,

To honour your name, I think you have found a serious bug on Alsa website. I checked it and it doesn't seem to work when you add a specific date. Send them an e-mail. Who knows, you may even get a reward for letting them know about the bug

But I think you can still use the site. Don't put any date and check if the bus you want to take runs on they day and time you want to take it.

I didn't know Alsa had buses to Granada. I only knew of the "Bus Granada Madrid (BG)" company. They have many buses every day so you won't have problems to go there.

Trains are more expensive and it seems that there are only 3 each day.

You may also want to fly with Iberia for only $62.95 including taxes.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9890 - 10/03/00 12:58 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
bugs Offline

Antonio, I was hoping you'd respond. Where did you get that rate for Iberia? The best I found was 18.650 + tax (over $100). Actually, the overnight Sierra Nevada train would serve my needs best but I've read horror stories about trying to sleep on some of these. Are you familiar with this one?
My main concern is the Granada-Ronda-Sevilla-Cordoba bus routes. I need to know schedules so I can book rooms, if possible. Any info?

#9891 - 10/03/00 07:00 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Iberia special offer is only available online at the "Despegue online" section (at the Spanish version of the site).

I can't tell you about night trains because I have never taken a train for a long distance trip. I always take the bus because it is usually much cheaper.

As for the buses, I think "Alsina Graells Sur" is the bus company running most of the routes in Andalucia. However, they don't seem to have a website yet so you will have to search for information about transports between each pair of cities.

Try google.com, my favourite search engine.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9892 - 10/03/00 07:53 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
El Boqueron posted 10-03-2000 05:30 AM ET (US)

The bus company Alsina Graells (Sur) covers all the major towns and cities of Andalucia. There are also numerous smaller companies in operation. I've no doubt you will find good bus connections between the places you mention. As far as I know none of the companies have websites.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9893 - 10/04/00 10:51 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
alejandro Offline

Loc: Texas
I agree with Antonio that you should consider flying from Madrid to Granada. I got a ticket for under a $100 at a travel agency for a mid-morning flight. I was in Granada by noon. Flying really could be a timesaver. Good luck with your trip!

#9894 - 10/03/01 09:18 AM Re: Buses in Andalucia
fanny Offline

Loc: Indonesia
Hi! Bugs and Madridman,
could you please elaborate more on "The Overnight Sierra Nevada" Train.
Perhaps you could give more information on departure time, travel time, price, route.
It seems that I also have 'slightly' the same plan trip with you.
Appreciate your reply. Thanks smile

#9895 - 10/03/01 09:37 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
I recommend the bus routes==they're usually more efficient and cheaper than the trains (except the AVE). MadridMan beat me to posting this, :-) , but Alsina Graells runs the busses in Andalucia. I don't know if they have a website, but they definitely should have routes to at least Cordoba, Ronda. I've taken them to Malaga as well.

Buena suerte y buen viaje!!

#9896 - 10/05/01 01:49 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Alsina Graells is part of the Continental Auto group. You'll find the schedules for most of the Andalucian routes there, though you can't buy the tickets online (unlike the routes operated by Continental Auto).

Regards,

Antonio

#9897 - 10/15/01 04:08 PM Re: Buses in Andalucia
Senga Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Dear bugs,

We took the afternoon train from Madrid to Granada, leaving Atocha at 4:00pm and arrived in Granada around 9:30pm. The train was new and I saw a Woody Allen movie in Spanish. The scenery was awesome! The ticket was approx $ 30.00 US. It is also a good opportunity to take a picnic with you. There is a yummy tapas place across the street from the station wher eyou can pick up a bocadilla, drink, etc. Drinks are also available in a dining car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments