Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#9841 - 09/26/00 06:06 PM Re: Subway/Bus transportation (Madrid)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well MM, it's just that I don't think Terri will get a good impression of Madrid by getting off at Tirso de Molina. There are drugaddicts and drug dealers wandering around Plaza de Tirso de Molina. They won't usually bother you but anyway I think Sol station is much safer. Be aware that at Sol station there is a police station but there are also lots of pickpockets.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9842 - 09/27/00 12:50 AM Re: Subway/Bus transportation (Madrid)
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
How can I remove a post. I tried but it doesn't seem to be possible. Maybe MM can do it for me? Glad to see things are back to normal on the Metro.

#9843 - 09/27/00 08:34 AM Re: Subway/Bus transportation (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Don't worry about it, dc. It shows the transition of progress in the threads and with Madrid's metro. But for future use, click on pen/paper icon (for edit/delete posting) on one of your postings, enter your username/password, and either edit your post or click the box for DELETE.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9844 - 09/27/00 10:46 AM Re: Subway/Bus transportation (Madrid)
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
I mentioned these two stations because, maybe, they could be a little closer to Plaza Santa Ana.

But then, there is what Antonio said about the impression that Bolobesum could get.

Besides, there is one more "transbordo" (connection?) needed to get both stations.

So, after we know the amount of luggage he´s carrying, I think we all (including El Boquerón's Palm PDA ) agree that Sol is the best choice.

Saludos.

#9845 - 09/27/00 07:59 PM Re: Subway/Bus transportation (Madrid)
Bolobesum Offline

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA. USA
Antonio & Francisco,

Thank you both for the careful directions. Looks like I will be getting off at Sol
and walking to the Hostel.
You don't think I will have to worry about my
backpack in this area do you? Being a female
travelling alone?
From all that I have read, it looks like purses and wallets are the main target. My money and Passport will be in my moneybelt around my neck.

Muchos Gracias,
Terri

#9846 - 10/04/00 02:45 AM Re: Subway/Bus transportation (Madrid)
dbear Offline

Loc: hawaii, usa
Aloha,I found the yellow airport bus to be a piece of cake and reasonable.Once you arrive at the Plaza Colon there are taxis waiting or you can just walk up to the street and check the transit map for the bus headed inyour direction.I believe the 51 and the 150 both go to Puerta del sol.Check the major avenidas crossing at the Plaza colon for bus routes.bien viaje D

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments