Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9798 - 09/19/00 03:05 AM transportation in Madrid
ilanit Offline

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi,

In 2 weeks I'm coming to Madrid for few month.
What is the best way to go in the city?
Is it by bus or by metro?
What is cheaper? Is there a monthly/weekly ticket? Is there a ticket for students/youngsters?

Thanks in advance, Ilanit.

#9799 - 09/19/00 04:09 AM Re: transportation in Madrid
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi,

I prefer metro because of possible traffic jams. You use to wait less for trains than for buses. But, of course, it depends on where and from are you going, it could be a better combination on metro or bus.

The price is the same: 135 pesetas ($0.70) for one ride. But in metro you can do all combinations that you need with one ticket, while in bus you need one ticket for each bus you take.

There is a 10-ride ticket ("metrobus") for 705 pesetas ($3.70) that is valid both for bus and metro.

And then, there is a month "bono" for about 5,000 pesetas ($26.30). It´s cheaper if you are below 21.

Saludos.

#9800 - 09/19/00 11:33 AM Re: transportation in Madrid
WDJunior Offline

Hey ilanit!

When I lived in Madrid it depended on many factors when to take the bus and when the metro. If you´re new in town, you´ll probably find it fascinating going by bus an seeing how "civilized" spaniards drive;-)), all the nice buildings, fountains (La Cibeles-Hala Madrid!), etc.etc. On the other hand, the metro is pretty fast. You also should consider your gender. I don´t know if a lady would like to walk through these long underground-tunnels by herself at 12.30 a.m. And believe me, some are veeeeeery long and veeeeeeeery lonely at night.
Hope I could help.
Chao
Werner

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments