Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#9733 - 09/12/00 11:00 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Yes, if there is nobody else travelling at that aproximate time and with similar direction, customers will not have to wait for more than 15 minutes inside the van and will get a direct transfer.
Saludos.

#9734 - 09/12/00 07:41 PM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Castiza,

You have found the answer: You live in Madrid (so you know the city) and you probably speak Spanish. Under those circumstances, there are few chances to get rip off by a taxi driver.

However, if you don't know the city or don't speak Spanish, you are likely to be ripped off by a taxi driver.

From my experience at Hostal Chelo during 14 years, most of our non-Spanish speakers customers got ripped off when they took a taxi in Madrid.

I always ask my customers how much they were charged and very few of them find a honest taxi driver. And, even then, the fare was always more expensive than the equivalent offered by Aerocity.

That's why we started to work with them a few months ago. We were fed up with taxi drivers ripping off our customers. A remember an old couple who were charged 5000 pesetas from Colón bus station to Hortaleza street.

Tonight, we have two English women who were charged 2600 pesetas from the airport to Hostal Chelo. This is a normal fare but with Aerocity they would have paid only 1900 pesetas. Of course, they have asked me to book Aerocity for them when they leave next Saturday.

I wish taxi drivers were honest - as they are in England - but they aren't here in Spain. Fortunately, there are plans to install new meters with printers (so that you always get an official receipt). Also, these meters will be monitored by a GPS system and this should avoid most rip offs.

By the way, some taxi drivers have also tried to divert our customers to other "better" hostels. The cheat begins by telling the customers the place they are going to isn't a good hostel. Then, he would say he knew a good one and he would persuade them to go there. Of course, that place is so "good" because they get a commission for the customers he brings to them.

Antonio

PS: The highest rip off I've heard of was 30000 pesetas for a ride from the airport to the city centre. The unlucky victims were two Japanese girls.

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9735 - 09/12/00 10:10 PM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
mary Offline

Loc: California USA
I used Aerocity this past spring in Madrid, and I highly recommend them. They were on time, the price was fixed when making the reservations, and the driver was polite and helpful. I will use them again on my next trip to Madrid.

[This message has been edited by mary (edited 09-12-2000).]

#9736 - 09/14/00 08:45 AM Re: Aerocity service (Madrid)
SQ Offline

Loc: Australia
Thanks to everyone for their replies on Aerocity in Madrid.
Does anyone know of a similar service in Barcelona? Any thoughts on taxis there?
Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments