Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#96734 - 06/24/20 08:59 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: robbieroy]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Hi Everyone! wavey What a happy surprise to get your private message, robbieroy. I miss the MM group- it was a wonderful way to stay in touch with Spain and all things Madrid!
I teach so this lockdown has been tough. I am not looking forward to classes beginning in September. Summer has just begun but I am already worried about the Fall.
Here in NYC we went into Phase 2 this week, but as MadridMan says, there is a tension in the air and an awkwardness with any human interaction. Sad, but true.
I had a sabbatical planned for next year, which I have postponed for a year.
I had plans to lead an adult group to Andalucía in March but that was cancelled and hopefully postponed to 2021.
My plans to go to Spain sometime this summer are still up in the air, although I desperately want to go and see family and friends there and feel "normal" again. I doubt I will be visiting Spain soon.
Hoping everyone stays safe and healthy and keeps doing what we need to do. This is a real treat hearing how everyone is doing. I wonder if we can get a few other "regulars" to post? Like Lisa and Diana? Have a wonderful day and Feliz Día de San Juan! smile

#96735 - 06/25/20 02:51 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: esperanza]
robbieroy Online   content
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Great to hear from you esperanza and thanks for your update. It is nice to see a little bit of action on the MM forum as it was quite lonely being the only one posting daily about my travels.
I can sympathise with your situation as I too was a teacher before retirement and the current situation would make it a difficult job to do. It may be that there are potential problems on the horizon when schools return. Here in Scotlànd the schools are closed until August with no partial interim return.
Travel will a difficult area for the foreseeable future and I can't see myself travelling to Galicia to visit friends in the near future.
Stay safe
RR

#96736 - 06/25/20 03:05 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: MadridMan]
Executive Member

Thanks for the update MM - it felt as though I was walking with yourself and Rafa as you described your walk. I've really fond memories of being on Madrid and attending one of the meet ups with other forum members.
Can you believe it - it was in October 2005 - here is my post on the meet up http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=45304#Post45304

Take care
RR

#96738 - 06/25/20 09:40 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: robbieroy]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Robbieroy, gracias for your PM! It's nice to see some old friends back.

As a writer, I've worked from home for years so Covid didn't impact me directly in this respect. But going to the market is now the highlight of my week? UGH. As others have mentioned, the tension is palatable ... thanks in good part to the fools who refuse to wear masks. More and more states are making it mandatory despite the govt.'s pooh-hooing it.

Arturo, congrats on your marriage (with thanks to Scott for sharing that bit of info.)

Steve, perhaps you can share a few of those 1k of photos here?

Lisa, I expect you to chime in .... wink

MM, let us know how many of the "older bar owners at the more traditional bars" do reopen and remember your name!!

We are all missing Spain ... and really, no idea of when we can return. Does that mean misery loves company?

Robbieroy - thanks again.

#96739 - 06/25/20 01:55 PM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

Arturo - when did you get married?
RR

#96740 - 06/25/20 02:04 PM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: Puna]
Executive Member

Puna - thanks for posting an update. Great to see you on the MM forum again. Face coverings - a sore point with me as here in Scotland many people are ignoring the government recommendation that they should be worn in supermarkets and shops. They are now mandatory in public transport since Monday but I've noticed the bus drivers are not refusing people without masks!

I can't get away in my camper van but have been posting on my daily exercise. I post daily on the forum and have been doing so for few years. Can't believe I've had over 5,000,000 views on that topic http://www.madridman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=93765#Post93765

Hopefully we will some of the members back from the halcyon days of the forum.

RR

#96742 - 06/26/20 11:12 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: robbieroy]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Hi Robbie
as said, your email brough me to the forum, long time not by here, very busy with my blog, already 930 followers! many from my previous travel forums.

As said doing great not notice the virus at all , with limited travel but now fully open and working at home but fully pay as is my family ! Hope you are doing ok as it is different base on country and personal situation.

Hope to see you by wordpress blogs, Scott got me into it and its a lot of fun. Stay well and thanks for keeping in touch
Best regards
Pedmar

#96743 - 06/26/20 11:23 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: robbieroy]
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Hey MMers (and Rob!):

Thanks for reconnecting me. Yes--there was a time that this was an active outlet for me. I've been doing really well and probably over the last six years or so would've been more comfortable on the BarcelonaMan site! I had occasion to travel to Barcelona a half-dozen times on business. What an amazing thing to rediscover that city! I stayed off Digaonal, really close to Torre Agbar working with HPE there!

COVID hasn't slowed me or my business down at all. We actually HIRED six people to join our team during shelter-in-place and are deemed essential so we are open for business. I work in nutraceuticals and supplements now, and it's wonderful.

It's been just about three years since my last trip to Spain...visited family in the Basque Country and got my fix of Castilla (Burgos, Segovia) and then a couple of nights in Madrid.

My next trip is planned for next summer. My son and I will be cycling the Camino de Santiago next June. This will be my 2nd Camino (Rob you still host my journal on an unpublished page here somewhere...thank you!)

Life is good, people. I hope you and all yours are healthy, happy, and coping with pandemic-induced chaos.

Saludos y un gran abrazo!
--Craig (CaliBasco)

#96744 - 06/26/20 11:29 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: robbieroy]
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
When we do get on the Camino next year I'll do my best to post a few dispatches from the trail...if not, I'll add another journal like the last one and you can have at it!

#96745 - 06/26/20 11:39 AM Re: How are you coping with the coronavirus crisis? [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

For Madridman....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07, Anne Marie
7771 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 650 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments