Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 172 of 172 < 1 2 170 171 172
Topic Options
#96158 - 01/12/19 01:51 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
robbieroy Online   content
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Reviewing my 2018 Travels - Part 7

The month of May saw visits to Pitmedden and Pitmedden Gardens...

Pitmedden

Pitmedden Gardens...

For the trips during April and May I used Cruden Bay as my base. This allowed me to get to the places I wanted to visit in a shorter time. It also allows me the opportunity yo meet up with friends and do some fishing...

#96159 - 01/13/19 02:54 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

Reviewing my 2018 Travels - Part 8

I hope that you have has a good week and a restful yet enjoyable weekend. Some of us have birthdays coming up very soon which is a reminder if how time marches on.

As i intimated in the previous post, I used the van a lot in May. Whilst spending time in my base at Cruden Bay, I went to Udny Green and Castle...

Udny Green

Udny Castle...

These were delightful places to visit and so near to home.

I am sure that this week's Sunday Snaps will reveal other delightful places worthy of a visit. They can be found here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46839201

#96160 - 01/14/19 02:11 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

Reviewing my 2018 Travels - Part 9

Morning everyone...
It is I milestone in my life. I hit the magic 65 today and officially became a pensioner!
Unfortunately, with the changes to the UK pension system, I don't start collecting my state pension until July.
Happy birthday to forum member Arturo. We share the same birthday.

May was my busiest month travelling around Aberdeenshire in the van. I think I was away most weekends....

Inverugie Castle

Longside Kirk

Hunting Jamie Fleeman's grave

Pitfour Chapel

Ferguson Observatory

Old Deer

Old Deer Kirk

#96161 - 01/15/19 02:13 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

I had very pleasant birthday celebrations with two walks and a meal with friends. On Saturday we had a countryside walk at the beautiful Dunecht Estate follows by a delicious lunch at a restaurant in Dunecht village.
Yesterday I was out walking and having coffee and cake with our Sole Mates walking group.

Reviewing my 2018 Travels - Part 10

Also in May I travelled to..

Maud

Federate Castle

In June it was back to the Moray Coast...

Kingston

Fochabers

Edited by robbieroy (01/15/19 02:16 AM)

#96162 - 01/16/19 02:09 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

I had to have the gas fire in the camper van checked out as it was not igniting. This would have affected my plans to head off later in the month. It is working now. I had the fridge serviced at the same time so hopefully it is all systems go for a winter trip to the Moray Coast towards the end if the month.

Reviewing my 2018 Travels - Part 11

These photos are from a trip to the Moray Coast in June 2018...

Garmouth

St Fergus Chapel

New Deer

#96163 - Yesterday at 02:38 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

It has been a night of gales and rain and sleet on the Moray Coast as I'm in the van. I didn't get much sleep as a result. I took the chance to rely on an almost empty gas bottle to see me through the night, provide coffee and heat up the van in the morning.
That was a fail... I've just been out in the cold, dark, wind and wet early morning to change the gas bottle. C'est Ia vie!

Reviewing my 2018 Travels - Part 12

Culsh Monument, New Deer

In July....

Wedding bells were ringing in Inverness

I went to Ardersier

#96164 - Today at 02:42 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

The radio reports yesterday morning indicated that there had been some significant snowfall in parts of northern Scotland.
Where I was on the coast it was just we're and windy but when I was only one mile or so inland the lying snow became evident.
The main roads west were fine so there was no problem travelling. It remained very cold during the day.

Reviewing my 2018 Travels - Part 13

From Inverness I headed down the east coast of Scotland to Edinburgh and on to North Berwick...

This was to be my home for almost a week

The weather was great all summer

North Berwick was to be my base for visiting a number of places..

Dirleton Castle

Dirleton Kirk

Page 172 of 172 < 1 2 170 171 172

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
seanmiles800, MikeRod1, Eustathius, Gypsy, Eduardo Rivas
7766 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
L. S. Clement
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 649 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments