Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#9614 - 08/31/00 07:30 AM Aerocity website reservations
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Antonio - I've been trying to make a reservation with Aerocity through their website, but the reservations page doesn't seem to be working. If you try it there in Spain , is it working OK?

Gracias

#9615 - 08/31/00 11:08 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi Boqueron!
We have just tested our web site´s reservation system, and it seems to work ok. We have been receiving reservation requests via internet up to now without problems.
I guess that it should have been due to some temporary problem with our server. Please try it again and if problems persists, contact us via email to info@aerocity.com where we would make your reservations and investigate the problem as soon as possible.
We are sincerely sorry about the inconveniences.
Hoping to hearing from you soon.

[This message has been edited by aerocity (edited 11-16-2000).]

#9616 - 08/31/00 11:43 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
El Boqueron Offline

Hi aerocity - yes, it's working fine. Thanks. I don't know what happened earlier.
Gracias.

#9617 - 08/31/00 01:20 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
El Boqueron! Without having to actually make reservations myself, could you please tell us how (easily) it worked for you and did you get a kind of confirmation number after hitting SEND?? Also, will you come back to this thread and let us know how you felt about the service??

I plan to use the Aerocity service myself (and then review them on the MadridMan.com) when I arrive in Madrid in the morning of October 2nd and when I return to the airport on October 18th. When do you arrive in Madrid? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9618 - 08/31/00 06:41 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
If *I* were Areocity, I'd pick up the soon-to-report MM in a limo. If *I* were Hostal Chelo, I'd have MM's room refurbished and put in a jacuzzi. And if *I* were bar el Brillante, there would be copious yummie free tapas with beer! We are all awaiting the next report.... do us a favor and find a whole bunch of REAL PEOPLE (aka madrilenyo) places around the major tourist attractions.

#9619 - 09/01/00 05:39 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi everybody
We really think that MadridMan deserves our best service. Limo service is no problem at all.
But I guess that MadridMan would rather like to use our "real" services without any "special" attention we may not give to other customers.
We call people on inspection trips "misterious shoppers".
We are hoping to seeing everybody soon in Madrid.

[This message has been edited by aerocity (edited 09-01-2000).]

#9620 - 09/01/00 05:54 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
El Boqueron Offline

I got a reply by email almost instantly, confirming the reservation, with a number to ring if for some reason we don't find the aerocity cab/bus (the email says where it should be). The price for 2 people from Barajas to c/Cervantes is 1900 ptas.

#9621 - 09/01/00 09:07 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

El Boqueron, thanks for the desciption! I'll know what to expect then.

rgf, I LOVE your ideas!!! I hope they all come true.

And Aerocity, a limo would be perfect. hehehe.. No. Just kidding. Yes, I would only want the standard service. But....that limo is tempting. hehehe.. I'll be contacting you soon, Aerocity!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9622 - 09/14/00 09:37 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
El Boqueron Offline

Just to update this upon return (looks like another thread has opened on the topic too)...

The service was fine - our flight into Barajas was delayed, but they just waited for us. There was one other person sharing the ride, going to another hostal in the centre. We liked it so much we booked it by phone on the way back and they picked us up at the Estacion del Sur (bus station) and took us to the airport. 1,900 ptas for 2 people, looks like a good deal to me.

Thanks to Antonio for putting us on to this.

#9623 - 09/18/00 12:58 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Eric Offline

Loc: Cambridge, MA USA
I am planning on using Aerocity this Wednesday in Madrid! (Spain is only a few days away, YEAH!) I completed a reservation on their website on Friday and emailed them too. Anyway, I haven't received a confirmation. Does anyone know if Aerocity answers emails only on Monday thru Fridays and not the weekends?

------------------

#9624 - 09/18/00 03:40 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
uphilldeb Offline

Loc: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Boy, Eric,

I've been waiting for a reply from aerocity too...nothing. I sent my credit card number and everything. Kinda worries me. Yikes!

Uphilldeb

[This message has been edited by uphilldeb (edited 09-18-2000).]

#9625 - 09/18/00 05:16 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi everbody!
We are sorry we have not been attending properly our email reservations during this last week-end.
Now, everything is working again properly and all of you who had sent a reservation to us this week-end will be receiving an email confirmation during this morning.
Sorry for the inconveniences.
Best regards.

#9626 - 09/19/00 04:22 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Eric Offline

Loc: Cambridge, MA USA
All is good! Aerocity sent me confirmation!
Well, I leave for Madrid in 12 hours, so here I go... I'll check in with you all.

------------------

#9627 - 09/20/00 10:53 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
uphilldeb Offline

Yaay! I heard from aerocity too. Relief!

I have to admit, I was hoping it was all paid for, though. Apparently the credit card just holds a reservation. It would be so convenient to not have to figure out the exchange and just hop in the van and go.

I just wish they charged your card...AFTER you use the service, you know, like hotels do. (Gotta collect those flight mile points!).

Thanks, aeorocity, for the confirmation! One more week to go!!!

Uphilldeb

#9628 - 09/20/00 09:48 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Rich Offline

Loc: Toronto
After reading all the posts here about Aerocity I decided to use their service when I arrive in Madrid next month. I tried to access their website but for some reason I couldn't get past the homepage. So, I sent them an email detailing my plans. They sent me an email back with a file attached which, according to them, was supposed to be some kind of booking form. When I tried to open the attached file my virus program alerted me that it was infected!! Some kind of worm virus. What gives? I'm really confused by this. I sent them an email back asking them to explain and I'm awaiting their answer. Does anyone here have any idea of what could have happened here?

I'm in no way put off by Aerocity because from what I've read they seem like a reputable company but I just can't figure out this turn of events.

#9629 - 09/21/00 05:21 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi rich!
It seems that we have just got an infected virus with the "happy.." and our antivirus did not detect it properly. We are now working in our computers in order to avoid further problems like this one.
Please be sure that we have learned the lesson and we will be prepared to avoid this kind of incidences from now on.
As soon as we are ready, we will be sending you a new confirmation email.
Regards.
AeroCity sales staff

#9630 - 09/21/00 02:21 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi Rich! (and everybody)
We have now finished reviewing all our computers and solve all possible problems regarding viruses.
You will be receiving an email soon.
Anyway, you can always use our secure reservation form by clicking HERE .
Best regards,

AeroCity Sales Staff

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 09-21-2000).]

#9631 - 09/21/00 03:02 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I'm sorry to hear that Aerocity got a virus. Nowadays virus use e-mail as the main way of "delivering" itselves. Once a computer got infected, the virus send a copy of itself to all the people on the address book.

I guess Aerocity had your e-mail on thir address book so the virus send a copy to you.

You have to be very careful when opening an attachment that comes together with a message. Many people open those infected files because they were sent by friends and have messages saying "this is the file you requested". Unless you are sure you requested that file, don't open it!.

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9632 - 09/21/00 09:12 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Rich Offline

Loc: Toronto
You're right Antonio, it is best not to open any file attachment unless you're expecting it. Of course in my case, I was. The Aerocity attachment was an executable (exe) file..which wouldn't be a reservation form but in my haste I opened it anyway. Just goes to show you should never let your guard down. Had I stopped to think about it for even a half a second I wouldn't have opened it. No harm done however, and that's the main thing.

Thanks so much for the quick response and explanation Aerocity. I fully intend to use your service and look forward to a good experience.

#9633 - 09/24/00 09:20 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I used Aerocity, and can highly recommend it. My flight from Chicago was delayed for two hours by inclement weather at O´Hare and it did not cause any problems for Aerocity. They picked me up and delivered me to the Hostal where I spent my first night. BTW, I was the only passanger in the van and my driver, Cristina was great.

Saludos Aerocity

#9634 - 09/24/00 10:35 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Just made my reservations for arriving and leaving with AeroCity . The online reservations form was simple and easy to understand. I look forward to using them for my October trip. I arrive at about 9am on a Monday so I can only imagine how long it will take to swim through rush-hour traffic to my destination. ARGH! hehehehe..

MadridMan.com

#9635 - 09/25/00 06:06 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
El Boqueron Offline

Well MM, you don't need to worry about the traffic. They pick you up in a big, comfortable minibus, so you can just crash out and let them wake you when you get to the hostal, safe in the knowledge that the meter won't be showing 5000 ptas!

Saludos!

#9636 - 09/25/00 08:16 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

El Boqueron, I doubt I'll BE ABLE to sleep upon arriving in Madrid because I'll be electrified with excitement.

Just got my AeroCITY transportation reservation confirmation (whew! THAT's a lot of *tion words!) this morning, less than 24 hours after making them. ALL looks well.

The clock's ticking.........

Saludos, MadridMan

#9637 - 09/25/00 01:03 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
El Boqueron Offline

yeah, and you just know that there are all those terrific bars open just waiting to serve you a great cafe con leche (and a squid sandwich )

que pena que tu novia no vaya a estar...

#9638 - 09/26/00 01:10 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Terry Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA
I think we have a new record! I placed a reservation this morning for next Friday and received email confirmation in less than two hours!!!! MadridMan was correct, the on-line reservation form is very easy and their response time was tremendous. If the actual service is anywhere near this speedy and simple, it will be a pleasure to use. Did I mention that it is CHEAP, too. I will report back with details when I return in a few weeks.

#9639 - 10/01/00 02:00 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
wendelk Offline

Loc: New Brunswick, NJ USA
Yo..Aerocity sucks the big one...They never showed to pick me up at the airport after making reservations on line & getting a confirm..When I called them from the airport, they told me that the van was broken and I should find another means of transport....Don't use these guys........They Blow!!

#9640 - 10/01/00 06:38 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hello Wendelk:
We are surprised about your comments and we are now investigating what could be the cause of what your are describing.
We will get back to you very soon with comments.
Thank you for your consideration.

#9641 - 10/13/00 05:28 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hello!
As we have not received any response from you to our emails, we post here the results of our review of what happened with your services:
Our records shows the follows:
1. Services were confirmed and scheduled correctly.
2. On june, 1st. morning we sent one of our vehicles to the airport and you did not showed up neither called to our offices. Later in the evening, we received a call from you saying that something were wrong with you taking your flight as scheduled and that you would arrive on the same flight on the 3rd. We therefore re-scheduled service again for the 3rd.
3. On june 3rd. morning, we sent again a vehicle to pick you up and nobody showed up neither we received any call.
4. On june 12th, morning, we sent a vehicle to Hostel Rivera at 10.00 hrs to pick you up and transfer to the airport and, again, we had a no-show. We have not registered any call from you regarding change or cancellation of departure service.

We look forward to hearing from you with comments...

------------------
Juan
Airport shuttle, limo and coach services in Spain. http://www.aerocity.com

[This message has been edited by aerocity (edited 10-19-2000).]

#9642 - 10/16/00 04:13 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
ethed Offline

Loc: Denville, NJ
My husband and I had a very positive experience with Aerocity. Our driver, Raphael (spelling??) was polite and on time. He was a great beginning to a fabulous vacation in Spain. Only two negatives (1) Barajas Airport should assign a more central and less out-of-the way bus stop for Aerocity and other van pick ups andd (2) Aerocity should put their name on any vehicles they are using for airport pickup. The white van Raphael was driving had no markings at all. We were at first hesistant to get in until we were shown our reservation. Otherwise kudos all around.

#9643 - 10/19/00 10:11 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Xena Offline

Loc: Bucharest
Is it possible to use Aerocity without reservation, just directly from the airport?

#9644 - 10/19/00 02:57 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi Xena!
You can call us from the airport, toll free to 900 713583, in order to request our service. However, there is a risk that your waiting time at the airport until we can pick you up can reach quite long, if it is a rush hour in Madrid.
Therefore, we recommend that you make your reservation in advance, so waiting time could be avoided if your flight is on time.
Saludos

------------------
Juan
Airport shuttle, limo and coach services in Spain.
http://www.aerocity.com

#9645 - 10/23/00 07:59 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
D Offline

Hello AeroCITY... I'm heading to Madrid on November 28 and after everything I've read here on MM's site, you are our first choice of transportation in Madrid. Whether to get "ripped off or not" by taxi is not the issue... avoiding the possibility all together seems logical for me.

As soon as I've secured our hotel reservations I'll be contacting you with that info... and, can I reserve you to/from Chamartin or a bus terminal as well?

[This message has been edited by D (edited 10-23-2000).]

#9646 - 10/24/00 07:22 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Celia U Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello "D",
Of course, you can reserve our services from/to the Chamartin or Bus station. Prices are alike. We also have private sightseeing tours and other services you can check in our page.

Have a nice trip!!

Regards,
Celia

------------------
Airport shuttle, limousine service and car rental.

[This message has been edited by Celia U (edited 11-16-2000).]

#9647 - 10/24/00 07:01 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I was sad to read wendelk's posting and even sadder that he didn't reply to AeroCITY 's follow-up. I used the AeroCITY airport shuttle service when I arrived at Barajas-Madrid airport and...unfortunately, my luggage came on a later flight (20 minutes later - thank god!) so I missed my AeroCITY pickup. Once I got my luggage, I called and explained my delay. They said another shuttle would come in 30-40 minutes. I went outside and, you're right ethed, the parking/pick-up area for shuttle services is not clear and the individual busses are hard to see. My white tranport van did have the AeroCITY logo on the door, but it was a little hard to see when coming at you.

My driver, Ramón, did not speak any English and said that none of the AeroCITY drivers did. Not that this is really necessary because it's only a simple trip from airport to hotel (or hotel to airport). I was VERY happy with Ramón - very friendly, laid back, and seemed to enjoy his job.

On my trip to the airport, I used the Móbile chauffeured service just to try it out. José María, our chauffeur, arrived exactly ontime wearing his suit and tie in his dark blue Mercedes Benz and told me that he arrived 15 minutes early, not wanting to be late. He spoke English and several other languages and said that the Móbile drivers had to speak English. Mama Rosa and I were very VERY happy with this special luxury-car chauffeur service. I'll certainly use both again during my next trip to Madrid.

THANKS AEROCITY & MóBILE !!!!! That's a great service you have there. I'm proud to recommend it.

Saludos, MadridMan

#9648 - 10/27/00 05:26 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
NJmaria Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
We used Aerocity to pick us up from our hotel to Barajas and we were impressed with their professional and courteous service. Our driver Jose picked us up on time (7:00)and although my husband and I only know some basic Spanish, we managed.

The one who took our reservation however wrote the wrong name in their system. They wrote Mario instead of Maria and the lastname did not come close to the one I gave. Probably I wasn't clear on the phone and I should have faxed the info just to confirm. Anyway, they were able to get the hotel address and our room number right. The important thing was they were on time.

Thank you very much to Aerocity and to Antonio for introducing them to us!

....NJmaria

#9649 - 10/27/00 06:41 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
rgf Offline
Executive Member

How much does the chaufeur-driven Mercedes service cost as compared with the Areocity van? Thinking of giving Aerocity a try myself in January...

#9650 - 10/27/00 07:30 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

rgf, maybe Móbile (part of the same company as AeroCITY is) can verify this, but I plugged the type of car into their FEE CALCULATOR for the airport transport/chauffeured service:

Mercedes Benz E Class/Audi : $40 (airport-to-hotel) or $47 (hotel-to-airport)

Mercedes Benz S Class: About $65 (airport-to-hotel) or about $75 (hotel-to-airport)

Again, I'm not positive about these prices because of the difference in hotel or airport pickup, the type of vehicle, etcetera.

I was very happy with BOTH the AeroCITY AND Móbile (these two share a common front page) services and would use them again for sure!

Saludos, MadridMan

#9651 - 10/29/00 12:11 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Thanks, MM. I think I'll give AEROCITY a try in January! Can you imagine what a taxi driver will want to charge when we get off at international arrivals and ask to be taken to the PALACE?!?!? 5 thousand p. surcharge! Even though I'm staying at the Palace FREE as I told you!

#9652 - 10/29/00 02:55 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Ann W Offline

Loc: Wales, U.K.
I have just returned from a few days in Madrid, and used the Aerocity service. I was very happy with the service: it was punctual, the drivers were polite, and the price is very reasonable. I agree with some comments made previously: the pick up point at Barajas Airport was a little difficult to find, and the Aerocity taxi was not immediately recognizable. One thing I would stress is that if you use the service to return to the airport from your hotel, you should bear in mind that, as this is a shared service, other stops may be made en route to the airport, and you should allow yourself plenty of time. It may sound obvious, but a passenger who shared our taxi became very anxious as we were held up in traffic, then made our way to another hotel to collect more passengers.
While planning my trip to Madrid, I read many of the messages on your Message Board, and found them very helpful - thank you!

#9653 - 10/30/00 08:41 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Celia U Offline

Hi everybody,

I want to thank you all who have said such nice things about Aerocity. I love hearing that people have good experieces with us, that means our work is being worth while. Suggestions are also welcome to improve our service.

MadridMan, you are right with Mobile prices just you wrote them on the wrong order. Going from the Airport to Madrid is more expensive that from Madrid to the Airport.

Saludos,
Celia

------------------

[This message has been edited by Celia U (edited 11-16-2000).]

#9654 - 10/30/00 09:18 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Celia, given the concerns about the stops that the van makes on the way to the airport... is there a way to know the order in which you pick people up? I'll be returning on an 11:30 flight (manyana). I should be at the airport no later than 10:30. You would pick me up at the Palace (@!!! remember, staying for FREE) at...?

#9655 - 10/30/00 10:26 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Celia U Offline

rgf, It is hard to know exactly the order of the stops until last minute. We have new reservations and modifications everyday so our booking department does not know exactly which will be the best itinerary to be followed by the van until the end.
Ah!,When you make the request please specify if you mean Palace Hostel or Palace Hotel..he, he

Regards,
Celia

------------------

#9656 - 11/19/00 06:58 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
uphilldeb Offline

Hi everyone!

Been home a couple of weeks now from our trip to Spain. Wanted to tell you a bit about our experience with Aerocity.

Anne had it right on the money.

When we first arrived at the airport, we discovered our luggage had been lost. Not knowing how long it would take to recover it (ended up being 2 hours!), I decide to phone Aerocity to let them know what was happening. They said not to worry and to just call them when we needed them.

When that time came, we found that it was hard to find the place to meet them at the airport. That is one suggestion I might maket to them to help their customers better.

Our driver was very friendly, but did not speak English. We simply handed him our reservation confirmation that had the address of the Hostal Lopez on it, and away we went! We did not have any other riders in the van. Perfectly easy. And such a blessing for our first service in Madrid.

Now, for the return ride back to the airport a few days later, things got a bit trickier.

I had made reservations for 8:00am for Aerocity to pick us up in front of the hostal, and I told them we had a 10:00am flight.

At about 7:30am, on the day of the flight, I called them to confirm that reservation. They affirmed the reservation. Unfortunately, they were late and I began to panic at 8:30 when Aerocity had not yet arrived at the hostal! I phoned them again. They said the van was on its way. It finally arrived at 9:00am!

Then, we did indeed have to pick up two other sets of riders and we also hit the morning traffic. We did make it to the airport on time, but a bit panick stricken. I think the service might need to adjust the service a bit to avoid this type of situation.

Other than that, I really appreciated the service. I think that the only way you could be absolutley, positively assured of your pick up time from your hotel, would be to have the private service...unless, of course, Aerocity really listens to this type of concern and figures out a way to avoid this problem.

Also, the cab situation in Spain is horrendous. At one point when we were in Barcelona, the cab drivers all went on strike. And then, when we needed a cab from the cruise ship, we practically started an international incident with a cabby and a police officer.

The cabs all line up at the port. Apparently they have this seniority system, or something. Well, we approached a cab who waved us to the cab at the front of the line. We asked him how much to take us to the Columbus Monument from the port - just a few miles. Well, he wanted some outragous amount - an amount that was like 4 times more than what we had paid the night before for the same ride! We told him no and turned to approach another cab.

Well! He yelled down the line of cabs what price he was charging us (he was virtually setting the price for all the cabs!). We got really frustrated. Just then, a new cab drove into the line who had not heard what had happened. We approached his car and asked him how much. He quoted us a good price, but said he couldn't take us because he was at the end of the line!

Now this policeman wondered what we were up to. So he approached the cabby and us to see what was going on. We told the policeman. He said, "No! No! They are supposed to charge what it says on the meter! This in not right!!" So he dragged us up to the front of the line and told the cab driver to charge us only what was on the meter.

Then things got ugly. The cabby started yelling at the cop. And the cop started yelling back. We knew the cop was telling him that this was an embarrassment for Spaniards to do this sort of thing to their tourists. And that it was to stop happening! Then this old cab driver came over and said he would take us. I'm telling you, I did not want to get into that cab, but my husband threw me in and told me to forget about it and that we'd just pay whatever. Anyway, this other cab driver comes over to the window and puts his fist in the the car and tells us, "You walk! You walk!" The driver of our cab is still in this huge yelling thing with the cop, and 50 cabbys are standing around with us frozen in the back seat of this cab! All I wanted to do was get out of that car and get back on the cruise ship!

Well, the end of the story is that we took the ride to the Columbus Monument all the while with the cabby mumbling something about being a professional. My husband handed him like $15 or 20 bucks for a 2 mile ride. And we learned a huge lesson about cabs in Spain - or at least in Barcelona.

Forget the cabs. They are a rip off.

Deb

#9657 - 11/20/00 10:37 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Celia U Offline

Deb, I am very sorry to hear you had some problems with Aerocity service. I want to excuse the delay of your pick up, I am a little surprise as this situation is very unusual.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions to improve our services.
I sad to hear you also had problem with taxes in Barcelona.

I hope you did not have a bad impression of Spain and come back soon.

Regards,
Celia

------------------

#9658 - 11/21/00 04:19 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

[posted by billy ski]

Dear Celia/ Aerocity, We used your service and were picked up right on time by a lovely courteous driver and taken to the airport with only one pick-up on the way.The traffic was horrible but was not Aero-Citys fault. The service was fine but my tarifa was 1900 Psts. for 2 from Perta del Sol instead of the 1400 as advertised. Why is this? My name is William Stanley and was at the AreSol Hostal and picked up at 8:45 AM. the date was 20/11/00. Thanks

#9659 - 11/21/00 04:44 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi billy ski, I'm not sure where you saw 1400 pts for transport to the airport on their website, but I'm looking over their rates and it says 1700pts for one person or 1900pts for two persons. I'm pretty sure this was the rate when I used them last month too. Hopefully Celia/AeroCity can clear up the confusion. Still, with a difference of 500pts (about US$2.70), the 1900pts (about US$10) is bargain.

Saludos, MadridMan

#9660 - 11/21/00 08:35 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Yikes!! I humbly beg the forgiveness of MM & most importantly of Celia of AeroCity. I could of sworn it said 1400 Psts. Oh well it sure was worth it.We had so much to lug between clothes for the Costa Del Sol to Madrid including time in Granada, Sevilla and Barcelona not to mention my girlfriends purchases along the way.Aero City was Aces. Billy Ski

#9661 - 11/22/00 12:05 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
D Offline

Large Kudos for Celia at AeroCity! We've reserved 2 of AeroCity's Express Service and 1 Mobile B2 while in Spain next week, and she was awesome with her emails and getting the right info to me before we leave for Italy tomorrow morning! Thank you for your committment to excellence...

Regards,
D

#9662 - 11/25/00 02:07 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
uphilldeb Offline

Hi Celia U from Aerocity!

Oh yes! We will come back to Spain! We loved it so much. And we loved the people!!!

We will use Aerocity again without hesitation! When we had to phone you from the airport about our lost luggage, and ask that you pick us up at a later time, it was such a relief that there was no problem with the change. We were already so worried and frustrated with the situation that it was a tremendous relief to have aerocity be so helpful.

I feel your customer service is so excellent that I suspect by the time we come back to Spain, you will have made it easier for your customers to find your vans at the airport! Perhaps the airport will let you put up a big sign in several different languages to hang down where people can see it as they walk out the doors from the baggage claim. Or perhaps you can include a map on your website that people can print out and take with them.

Certainly, we know where your vans park now, and it will not be a problem in the future. But signs would be helpful.

You should be very pleased and proud to work with a company who is making such an excellent effort to promote Spain by being a friendly, reliable service to your country's tourists.

It's too bad the cab drivers don't understand this important concept. They are hurting their profession terribly by trying to rip off the tourists. It's a shame.

Hope to see you again!
Deb

#9663 - 11/28/00 05:40 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Celia U Offline

Hello Deb,

I`m glad you liked our service. You are right, I know we have to improve some details of our service as the Airport location. We are studying some strategies about it.

Thank you for your nice comments.
Hope you come back soon!

Saludos,
Celia

------------------

#9664 - 12/10/00 12:01 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MarkB Offline

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Aerocity worked for us, if a bit haphazardly. We made reservation via the website a couple of days before arrival, and received a confirmation email When we arrived at the Madrid Airport, we headed down to the designated meeting point (if you arrive in (international?) Terminal 1 right now, you'll have to go around some construction to get to it- not immediately apparent). We knocked on the window, awaking a driver who seemed to be surprised to see us. Evidently he didn't have us down as a pick up, and was there early for a later pick up. This was cleared up via phone, and we were soon on our way.

The pick up from the Palace was smooth- we may have made things a little late- I went outside to look for an Aerocity marked bus, but seeing none, went back into the lobby. Turns out he'd been there for a little while in an unmarked van, and I didn't notice him. Oops.

Anyway, Aerocity works, and is a little cheaper than taxis, with friendly drivers.

#9665 - 12/11/00 08:54 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
leuci Offline

Aerocity worked for me, too, though I wish they'd get their phone act together--I spent a helluva lot of time on hold from pay phones. Otherwise okay.

I'd reserved online, but my flight was delayed 8 hours (!), so I called when I finally made it to the airport. I was transferred and put on hold a few times, but in the end they said there was a driver at the pickup spot and since they told me what color and type of vehicle to look for, he was easy to find (unmarked van). So I had no wait, and wound up being the only passenger. I'd wanted to arrange a pickup from a bus station to the airport for the return home, but after putting me on hold about 5 times, the representative wouldn't accept my reservation in case the bus was late (something I've yet to experience in Spain, BTW). When I arrived at the station, I didn't feel like waiting but I didn't have a good feeling about the first cabbie on line, either. So I asked him approximately how much to the airport, and he estimated 4,000. I went inside and called Aerocity instead. Once again, I was put on hold several times and had to keep feeding the phone. But they did send a driver in 20 minutes, I was the only passenger, and with the money I saved, I bought a very nice bottle of wine at the airport.

#9666 - 12/11/00 01:31 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi all!
Please remember that we have a toll free phone number 900 713 583 in order to call us from the airport or any other place in Madrid to our reservation center.
Therefore, at least you will not be charged for you calls to AeroCITY. Sorry, for the long delays in attending your calls, we are trying to improve that important point regarding customer attention.
Thanks again for your support and nice comments about our service.

[This message has been edited by aerocity (edited 12-11-2000).]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments