MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#9644 - 10/19/00 02:57 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi Xena!
You can call us from the airport, toll free to 900 713583, in order to request our service. However, there is a risk that your waiting time at the airport until we can pick you up can reach quite long, if it is a rush hour in Madrid.
Therefore, we recommend that you make your reservation in advance, so waiting time could be avoided if your flight is on time.
Saludos

------------------
Juan
Airport shuttle, limo and coach services in Spain.
http://www.aerocity.com

#9645 - 10/23/00 07:59 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
D Offline

Hello AeroCITY... I'm heading to Madrid on November 28 and after everything I've read here on MM's site, you are our first choice of transportation in Madrid. Whether to get "ripped off or not" by taxi is not the issue... avoiding the possibility all together seems logical for me.

As soon as I've secured our hotel reservations I'll be contacting you with that info... and, can I reserve you to/from Chamartin or a bus terminal as well?

[This message has been edited by D (edited 10-23-2000).]

#9646 - 10/24/00 07:22 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Celia U Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello "D",
Of course, you can reserve our services from/to the Chamartin or Bus station. Prices are alike. We also have private sightseeing tours and other services you can check in our page.

Have a nice trip!!

Regards,
Celia

------------------
Airport shuttle, limousine service and car rental.

[This message has been edited by Celia U (edited 11-16-2000).]

#9647 - 10/24/00 07:01 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I was sad to read wendelk's posting and even sadder that he didn't reply to AeroCITY 's follow-up. I used the AeroCITY airport shuttle service when I arrived at Barajas-Madrid airport and...unfortunately, my luggage came on a later flight (20 minutes later - thank god!) so I missed my AeroCITY pickup. Once I got my luggage, I called and explained my delay. They said another shuttle would come in 30-40 minutes. I went outside and, you're right ethed, the parking/pick-up area for shuttle services is not clear and the individual busses are hard to see. My white tranport van did have the AeroCITY logo on the door, but it was a little hard to see when coming at you.

My driver, Ramón, did not speak any English and said that none of the AeroCITY drivers did. Not that this is really necessary because it's only a simple trip from airport to hotel (or hotel to airport). I was VERY happy with Ramón - very friendly, laid back, and seemed to enjoy his job.

On my trip to the airport, I used the Móbile chauffeured service just to try it out. José María, our chauffeur, arrived exactly ontime wearing his suit and tie in his dark blue Mercedes Benz and told me that he arrived 15 minutes early, not wanting to be late. He spoke English and several other languages and said that the Móbile drivers had to speak English. Mama Rosa and I were very VERY happy with this special luxury-car chauffeur service. I'll certainly use both again during my next trip to Madrid.

THANKS AEROCITY & MóBILE !!!!! That's a great service you have there. I'm proud to recommend it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9648 - 10/27/00 05:26 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
NJmaria Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
We used Aerocity to pick us up from our hotel to Barajas and we were impressed with their professional and courteous service. Our driver Jose picked us up on time (7:00)and although my husband and I only know some basic Spanish, we managed.

The one who took our reservation however wrote the wrong name in their system. They wrote Mario instead of Maria and the lastname did not come close to the one I gave. Probably I wasn't clear on the phone and I should have faxed the info just to confirm. Anyway, they were able to get the hotel address and our room number right. The important thing was they were on time.

Thank you very much to Aerocity and to Antonio for introducing them to us!

....NJmaria

#9649 - 10/27/00 06:41 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
How much does the chaufeur-driven Mercedes service cost as compared with the Areocity van? Thinking of giving Aerocity a try myself in January...

#9650 - 10/27/00 07:30 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
rgf, maybe Móbile (part of the same company as AeroCITY is) can verify this, but I plugged the type of car into their FEE CALCULATOR for the airport transport/chauffeured service:

Mercedes Benz E Class/Audi : $40 (airport-to-hotel) or $47 (hotel-to-airport)

Mercedes Benz S Class: About $65 (airport-to-hotel) or about $75 (hotel-to-airport)

Again, I'm not positive about these prices because of the difference in hotel or airport pickup, the type of vehicle, etcetera.

I was very happy with BOTH the AeroCITY AND Móbile (these two share a common front page) services and would use them again for sure!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9651 - 10/29/00 12:11 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Thanks, MM. I think I'll give AEROCITY a try in January! Can you imagine what a taxi driver will want to charge when we get off at international arrivals and ask to be taken to the PALACE?!?!? 5 thousand p. surcharge! Even though I'm staying at the Palace FREE as I told you!

#9652 - 10/29/00 02:55 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Ann W Offline

Loc: Wales, U.K.
I have just returned from a few days in Madrid, and used the Aerocity service. I was very happy with the service: it was punctual, the drivers were polite, and the price is very reasonable. I agree with some comments made previously: the pick up point at Barajas Airport was a little difficult to find, and the Aerocity taxi was not immediately recognizable. One thing I would stress is that if you use the service to return to the airport from your hotel, you should bear in mind that, as this is a shared service, other stops may be made en route to the airport, and you should allow yourself plenty of time. It may sound obvious, but a passenger who shared our taxi became very anxious as we were held up in traffic, then made our way to another hotel to collect more passengers.
While planning my trip to Madrid, I read many of the messages on your Message Board, and found them very helpful - thank you!

#9653 - 10/30/00 08:41 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Celia U Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi everybody,

I want to thank you all who have said such nice things about Aerocity. I love hearing that people have good experieces with us, that means our work is being worth while. Suggestions are also welcome to improve our service.

MadridMan, you are right with Mobile prices just you wrote them on the wrong order. Going from the Airport to Madrid is more expensive that from Madrid to the Airport.

Saludos,
Celia

------------------
Airport shuttle, limousine service and car rental.

[This message has been edited by Celia U (edited 11-16-2000).]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 759 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments