MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 217 1 2 3 216 217 >
Topic Options
#93765 - 01/24/15 10:51 AM My Travels in North East Scotland
robbieroy Online   content
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I live in the North East of Scotland and often travel around in my camper van. I can honestly say that since I got the camper van I have discovered a lot of beautiful spots within a short travelling distance of my home base in the university town of Aberdeen (the Granite City by the grey North Sea.

What follows is a series of pictorial posts which will hopefully give you a flavour of this area of Scotland, particularly the coastal areas to the north of the city.

Hope you enjoy looking at the photos of my local travels and please do not hesitate to post any questions... I'll answer them if I can!
RR

#93766 - 01/24/15 11:00 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

As I mentioned in the post above, Aberdeen is a university town (in fact it has two universities: the University of Aberdeen and Robert Gordon's University).
I studied and finished off my working career at the University of Aberdeen which is situated in one of the "old quarters" of the city, Old Aberdeen. It is a beautiful part of the city where the university was founded in 1495, so I thought this would be a fitting place to start...

Old Aberdeen and the University of Aberdeen

Edited by robbieroy (01/24/15 11:03 AM)

#93767 - 01/24/15 11:12 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

More of Old Aberdeen...

#93768 - 01/24/15 11:55 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I loved Aberdeen and all north of Scotland I've good memories. I hope to come back soon...

#93769 - 01/24/15 08:20 PM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: jazz]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

#93770 - 01/25/15 07:55 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: jazz]
Executive Member

Originally Posted By: jazz
I loved Aberdeen and all north of Scotland I've good memories. I hope to come back soon...

It's a small world (or should that be forum?) Jazz - was it studying, work or holiday travelling that brought you to the area?
Hopefully you'll have the opportunity for a return visit.
RR

#93771 - 01/25/15 07:57 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: teachertraveler8]
Executive Member

Originally Posted By: teachertraveler8
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, all taken on my mobile phone. Just shows how the technology has moved on. More to come :-) ....
RR

#93772 - 01/25/15 08:07 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
Executive Member

Here is a few more of the University area before moving on...

RR

#93773 - 01/25/15 02:08 PM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: robbieroy]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
great I am thinking of one too. I have a Spanish friend marry to England guy lives there and now traveling in pas de calais , she does all by camping car,it seems a good deal

I have another English guy asking me to buy one here near me to take on a spin as well, so I might be getting the bug to get one ,will see
nice photos

#93775 - 01/26/15 06:22 AM Re: My Travels in North East Scotland [Re: pedmar]
Executive Member

Originally Posted By: pedmar
great I am thinking of one too. I have a Spanish friend marry to England guy lives there and now traveling in pas de calais , she does all by camping car,it seems a good deal

I have another English guy asking me to buy one here near me to take on a spin as well, so I might be getting the bug to get one ,will see
nice photos

Thanks for your comments pedmar.
A "camping car" (autocaravana", RV, motor home, camper van) is a great way of seeing the countryside. I've had one now for about four years and really enjoy getting out and about either wild camping or staying at a campsite.

RR

Edited by robbieroy (01/26/15 06:24 AM)

Page 1 of 217 1 2 3 216 217 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
Anne Marie, seanmiles800, MikeRod1, Eustathius, Gypsy
7767 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndreeaRO, MQunell
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 795 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments