Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#95474 - 07/27/17 07:19 AM Returning to Spain, again n S
admiral44 Online   content
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Mrs. 44 and I will be arriving in Spain for a nearly three week visit beginning in early September, si dios permite. Very much looking forward to visiting old favorites and some new places. Starting in Madrid and headed north to La Rioja and then San Sebastián before moving west to Oviedo, to Penafiel and back to Madrid. Hope to share some of the experiences along the way.

Saludos.

#95475 - 07/27/17 01:26 PM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Good you all. Enjoy the trip. Those are good choice areas. I will be there too but in August.....

#95478 - 07/27/17 08:20 PM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
Executive Member

Two ships passing in the night! I may drive across the border into France a short distance. From San Sebastián, there are a few things that interest me on the French side but not sure if I will have time.

#95480 - 07/28/17 12:53 PM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

well time is up to you ::) but the area San Sebastian to France I have ridden many times and its beautiful scenery of the Pyrénées on the N 1 !!! plus the Basques! I am afraid putting pictures here is hard but if go to my blog and type on search hendaye you will see plenty
enjoy it

#95492 - 08/06/17 09:54 AM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
Executive Member

Thanks for the reference. I will see your photos there.

I have less than a month to wait before departure. Actually, have some things packed already because very busy with work leading up to this trip.

Saludos!

#95495 - 08/08/17 01:31 PM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

ok I am on my way there Friday morning early...go to Pau and then continue Saturday to arrive in Cuenca, Castilla La Mancha of Don Quijote!

You have a good vacation and do enjoy Spain as well as maybe take a bite out of France ::) Not a bad 1-2 combination lol!

#95542 - 09/10/17 03:50 PM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
Executive Member

Roaming about Spain now. Having a marvelous time. Crossed into France for half a day which was interesting and fun. Still on the road! Will report more soon.

#95544 - 09/11/17 01:10 PM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

ahh there you are . Glad all is going well, and indeed the road is was great. I came back last August 28th. awesome trip thru the Castilla's and crossed in on the Pourtalet peak and came back on the Somport tunnel.

Enjoy the rest and do report back. Cheers

Edited by pedmar (09/11/17 01:11 PM)

#95545 - 09/12/17 02:26 AM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to an update.

#95556 - Today at 06:42 AM Re: Returning to Spain, again n S [Re: admiral44]
Executive Member

To begin the journey, we had an excellent flight from PHL to MAD. I remember this flight always being around 7.5 hours. However, favourable winds reduced travel time to about 6.5 this time. Cabin staff did a great job and we touched down smoothly arriving at Terminal 4S.

It's quite a long walk from 4S all the way out. Thankfully, we are in good condition. Train to Terminal 4. There we took advantage of a business centre that offers rooms and showers with a snack. This was a great way to freshen up after a longish flight.

Collected the rental car, which was ready and waiting, then drove to La Rioja. Along the N-111 the scenery is quite impressive between Soria and Logroño, with interesting glacial formations. Some medieval bridges there as well for those keenly aware of the history.

Arrived La Rioja for a late lunch in Elciego then on to a little hotel in Ábalos.

More to follow soon.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
b_zzzt, mariahbay, traveljournal50, DavefromRI, Steffi
7742 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Brooke, chickie1, Dwight, John Cutler
Who's Online
1 registered (admiral44), 651 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

[greatMadridHotels.com]
[greatBarcelonaHotels.com]
Discounts on Madrid Hotels, Barcelona Hotels & Throughout Spain!

Other Martin Media Websites: GreatMadridHotels.com Hoteles-en-Madrid.com GreatBarcelonaHotels.com Hoteles-Barcelona.eu GreatSevilleHotels.com Hoteles-en-Sevilla.com GreatSpainHotels.com Avila Hotels Burgos Hotels Chipiona Hotels Cuenca Hotels Granada Hotels Huesca Hotels Jerez Hotels Oviedo Hotels Pamplona Hotels Ronda Hotels San Sebastian Hotels Santander Hotels Santiago De Compostela Hotels Segovia Hotels Valladolid Hotels Vitoria Hotels Zaragoza Hotels Spain Hostels Hostales BarcelonaMan.com BilbaoMan.com CadizMan.com CordobaMan.com GranadaMan.com MadridMan.com SantanderMan.com SantiagoMan.com SegoviaMan.com SevilleMan.com ToledoMan.com ValenciaMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Paseo del Prado El Faro de Moncloa Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments