Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#93092 - 04/24/14 04:14 AM Re: Madrid: airport transfer to train station [Re: pedmar]
dundee Offline

Loc: Carnoustie,Scotland
Thought I would just add that there is a free shuttle bus to T4 ..also on the way back to the airport there is a 24 hour bus that starts at Atocha and picks up at Cibeles and I think O'Donnell, 5 Euros, takes about 20 mins depending on traffic.

#93093 - 04/24/14 04:55 AM Re: Madrid: airport transfer to train station [Re: dundee]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes indeed the airport express bus, but now the taxis are a fix 30 euros too ::)and straight to your central Madrid location.
cheers

#93961 - 04/17/15 12:06 PM Re: Madrid: airport transfer to train station [Re: pedmar]
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
Was planning to take C1 from T4 to Atocha, and reverse on the way back.
How difficult is it going to be carrying big heavy luggage? Escalators are ramps or steps? Are elevators easy available?
I'm more concerned with the Atocha end (I haven't been there in years!!), I know T4 is easy with ramps and such.

I was wondering if maybe a taxi will be a better option, but I'm afraid traffic will be chaotic and miss connection.
Thanks for your help!!

Chus

#93963 - 04/18/15 11:18 AM Re: Madrid: airport transfer to train station [Re: Chus]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

cant tell you what is best for you,but the connection are easy all have escalators or elevators on T4.I visit often and just past by there in connection.
At Atocha they have escalator too, but again do not know if big heavy luggage you say will hinder your movement.
A taxi for peace of mine have a fix rate from airport to central Madrid for 30 euros now.Just make sure the meterreader says 30 when you get in.

I drive in Madrid so big city yes traffic but manageable better than,,,,do not know but maybe worse than Charlotte NC.

hope it helps

#95256 - 02/19/17 09:32 AM Re: Madrid: airport transfer to train station [Re: dundee]
Starprotected Offline

Loc: Sarasota Florida
I see it has been a couple of years since this topic was raised. I saw somewhere out there, that you can take the train from T4 to both train stations free of charge with your train ticket purchase. Can anyone verify if this is correct?
Thank you

#95258 - 02/20/17 01:22 PM Re: Madrid: airport transfer to train station [Re: dundee]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

hi welcome back, do not know if understand your question, but

You might be referring to the cercanias train that if you have your AVE ticket you can ride it to the train station for free, yes

here is from Renfe
Free Cercanias Ride – Combinado Cercanias - Travelers on AVE trains have the option of beginning or completing their journey on the Cercanías network in those cities where the Cercanias (local train services) operate at no extra charge. Travelers may take a Cercanías train from any station in the city’s network to reach the AVE train’s departure station. They may also complete their journey by taking a Cercanías train from the AVE train’s arrival station to any Cercanías station in the network, as long as the AVE train’s departure and arrival times, including any travel between different main line stations in the same city, are compatible with travelling on Cercanías trains. When the AVE ticket is purchased, it generates a password which will be printed on the ticket. By using this password, you can take advantage of two journeys on Cercanías trains, one in the departure city and the other in the arrival city. You can obtain your Cercanías tickets at ticket booths, or by using the automatic ticket machines, on the travel date shown on your AVE ticket. You can use the Cercanias train 3 hours before your AVE leaves and 3 hours after your AVE arrives at its destination.

hope it helps

Edited by pedmar (02/20/17 01:23 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
b_zzzt, mariahbay, traveljournal50, DavefromRI, Steffi
7742 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 623 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

[greatMadridHotels.com]
[greatBarcelonaHotels.com]
Discounts on Madrid Hotels, Barcelona Hotels & Throughout Spain!

Other Martin Media Websites: GreatMadridHotels.com Hoteles-en-Madrid.com GreatBarcelonaHotels.com Hoteles-Barcelona.eu GreatSevilleHotels.com Hoteles-en-Sevilla.com GreatSpainHotels.com Avila Hotels Burgos Hotels Chipiona Hotels Cuenca Hotels Granada Hotels Huesca Hotels Jerez Hotels Oviedo Hotels Pamplona Hotels Ronda Hotels San Sebastian Hotels Santander Hotels Santiago De Compostela Hotels Segovia Hotels Valladolid Hotels Vitoria Hotels Zaragoza Hotels Spain Hostels Hostales BarcelonaMan.com BilbaoMan.com CadizMan.com CordobaMan.com GranadaMan.com MadridMan.com SantanderMan.com SantiagoMan.com SegoviaMan.com SevilleMan.com ToledoMan.com ValenciaMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Paseo del Prado El Faro de Moncloa Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments