Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#95047 - 10/24/16 03:35 PM Calzados Cordones - Madrid
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Has this shoe store gone out of business??

What a shame. My wife has bought shoes here on all of our visits, but we haven't been in 3 years.

So many shops keep closing. Such a shame.

I don't supposed they've just moved?

#95050 - 10/26/16 03:28 PM Re: Calzados Cordones - Madrid [Re: Rodolfo]
chivasusa Offline

They may have moved. That is an optimistic way of seeing it. I haven't been to Madrid in 4 years, there will be a lot of closures when I return. Some of the movie theaters have closed, Madrid Rock is long gone, Petras International Bookstore no longer exists. Certain restaurants will be shuttered. The 2 soccer teams I like [Getafe and Rayo] have been relegated. But there is still enough for us there. The way I feel when I'm there won't change, hopefully

#95053 - 10/27/16 04:45 PM Re: Calzados Cordones - Madrid [Re: Rodolfo]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Chivasusa, thanks for the reply.

I have a feeling that they may be out of business.
I'm really looking forward to getting back to my home away from home. I do expect to find many stores have closed. Never the less, most of my old stomping grounds are still in full swing. Just counting the days!

#95055 - 10/28/16 05:16 PM Re: Calzados Cordones - Madrid [Re: Rodolfo]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well lucky enough to come to Madrid every year and even vacation this past summer. There are many empty stores in towns due to the last couple years of hard economics and no government. Even the historical places are closing.

At least Victor Calzados Alcalà 238 is still there I bought my shoes when a teen there with my Mom and then did the same for my boys!!!

Just look back at the good times for you there.
Cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
b_zzzt, mariahbay, traveljournal50, DavefromRI, Steffi
7742 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tiffany R.
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 865 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

[greatMadridHotels.com]
[greatBarcelonaHotels.com]
Discounts on Madrid Hotels, Barcelona Hotels & Throughout Spain!

Other Martin Media Websites: GreatMadridHotels.com Hoteles-en-Madrid.com GreatBarcelonaHotels.com Hoteles-Barcelona.eu GreatSevilleHotels.com Hoteles-en-Sevilla.com GreatSpainHotels.com Avila Hotels Burgos Hotels Chipiona Hotels Cuenca Hotels Granada Hotels Huesca Hotels Jerez Hotels Oviedo Hotels Pamplona Hotels Ronda Hotels San Sebastian Hotels Santander Hotels Santiago De Compostela Hotels Segovia Hotels Valladolid Hotels Vitoria Hotels Zaragoza Hotels Spain Hostels Hostales BarcelonaMan.com BilbaoMan.com CadizMan.com CordobaMan.com GranadaMan.com MadridMan.com SantanderMan.com SantiagoMan.com SegoviaMan.com SevilleMan.com ToledoMan.com ValenciaMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Paseo del Prado El Faro de Moncloa Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments