Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#94588 - 02/01/16 12:17 PM Budget priced hotel in Madrid?
CraiginUSA Offline

Loc: State of Oregon
Hi, I see there are a lot of threads on places in the city so I hope it's o.k. for me to do a post unique to what I would look for. I love long walks in a city like Madrid, that is new to me. I would like to find a budget hotel with private bathroom in a downtown location of Madrid near the major tourist sites. One where if you book way out the price is at or under $100.00 per night including tax. It's o.k. if it's noisy. The main thing is that I would love to be near tourist sites and walking up to 30 minutes would not be an issue for me. Is there one you currently know of that is budget rate with a private bath that is a good deal? Second question is I think I read once that most tourist places and restaurants close during the month of August, is this correct? Thank you!

#94590 - 02/01/16 06:02 PM Re: Budget priced hotel in Madrid? [Re: CraiginUSA]
chivasusa Offline

Hotel Plaza Mayor is my choice. It should be way under 100. I have got a tiny room for 45 [off season]. In Summer it will be more but with taxes not over 80.00. Nearby is Hostal la Macarena, not as nice but even closer to Plaza Mayor. Don't know if these hotels will cool the rooms properly, most hotels in Madrid are lacking in cooling, August will be tough and yes some good restaurants will be closed. Museums and Monastaries will be open year round.

#94591 - 02/01/16 08:04 PM Re: Budget priced hotel in Madrid? [Re: chivasusa]
CraiginUSA Offline

Loc: State of Oregon
Thank you, for your reply and very helpful information.

#94599 - 02/07/16 06:31 AM Re: Budget priced hotel in Madrid? [Re: CraiginUSA]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
On my first two trips to Madrid I stayed at Hotel Plaza Mayor. It is right across from the Plaza and is reasonably priced. Lately I have been staying at Hostal Bruña. An individual room with bath starts at 35€. It would be more in the summer. I like this hotel because it is across the street from the Prado. It is a short walk to Atocha train station for trips to Toledo, Aranjuez etc. It is easy to get to the airport by train or using the Airport Bus.
The major museums are all nearby. It is between the Atoch and the Antón Martin Metro stations.

#94600 - 02/07/16 10:24 AM Re: Budget priced hotel in Madrid? [Re: CraiginUSA]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
in my old days, the hostal la plata in Gran via was superb

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
b_zzzt, mariahbay, traveljournal50, DavefromRI, Steffi
7742 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
1 registered (notyor), 914 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

[greatMadridHotels.com]
[greatBarcelonaHotels.com]
Discounts on Madrid Hotels, Barcelona Hotels & Throughout Spain!

Other Martin Media Websites: GreatMadridHotels.com Hoteles-en-Madrid.com GreatBarcelonaHotels.com Hoteles-Barcelona.eu GreatSevilleHotels.com Hoteles-en-Sevilla.com GreatSpainHotels.com Avila Hotels Burgos Hotels Chipiona Hotels Cuenca Hotels Granada Hotels Huesca Hotels Jerez Hotels Oviedo Hotels Pamplona Hotels Ronda Hotels San Sebastian Hotels Santander Hotels Santiago De Compostela Hotels Segovia Hotels Valladolid Hotels Vitoria Hotels Zaragoza Hotels Spain Hostels Hostales BarcelonaMan.com BilbaoMan.com CadizMan.com CordobaMan.com GranadaMan.com MadridMan.com SantanderMan.com SantiagoMan.com SegoviaMan.com SevilleMan.com ToledoMan.com ValenciaMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Paseo del Prado El Faro de Moncloa Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments