Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#9454 - 06/08/00 09:31 AM Re: Airport shuttle service in MAD Barajas Airport
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi Mary, Madrid Man and Aeorcity!

Last week, we too took one of these hotel buses to Hotel Carlos V. We had no instructions on how to find where to catch it, but eventually did, and it was worth the 900 pts each to be taken directly to the hotel. It gives you chance to get your bearings by travelling all the way overground. And anyway, the weather was so hot, and we had a small suitcase each that struggling to find our own way to the hotel via ordinary bus and metro would have been a hassle. We also booked the bus on the way back to the airport. The fees were paid directly to the hotel.

Each bus has a different hotel name on, but I'm not sure if this necessarily corresponds with it's destination.

I don't know who runs these buses - Aerocity or not, but it sounds similar.

Would definitely recommend.

#9455 - 06/08/00 11:11 AM Re: Airport shuttle service in MAD Barajas Airport
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi Jo Anne!
Most probably, that service was not provided by Aerocity, because you paid directly to Hotel instead to the driver, and the price does not match our fare for that trip-ours would be less expensive.
Some hotels do have their own legal minibus service to the airport. Some of them charge for the ride and others offer it as a complimentary service.
Nevertheless, I suggest to book the service in advance, in order to avoid the risk of boarding a non-licensed vehicle which could lead to unexpected problems.
Be aware of some "pirate" vehicles operating without control at the airport, lacking any type of license and control.
We place at your disposal our web site www.aerocity.com and/or our toll free number 900 71 35 83 in order to make reservations in advance or from the airport in order to be sure about which vehicle to board.
Best regards.
Aerocity.

#9456 - 05/10/04 03:15 PM Re: Airport shuttle service in MAD Barajas Airport
catho Offline

How long does it take from Puerto del Sol to the airport on a Saturday morning? We have to be at the airport at 8:30 am on the 29th. Would Aerocity please let me know at what time should I request them to pick us up from Hotel Europa?

Thanks

Catho

#9457 - 05/10/04 04:56 PM Re: Airport shuttle service in MAD Barajas Airport
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Madridman and all:

I used Aerocity last month from the Hostal La Plata. It's on the Gran Via about 5 minutes from Puerta del Sol. I also had an early flight and did not want to worry about getting a taxi.

Hostal La Plata reserved the shuttle for me, they were on time and it was 20 Euros for both myself and my friend. It was great and I would highly recommend the service and I would used it again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 925 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments