Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#94569 - 01/27/16 08:24 AM Re: Retired///First trip to Europe [Re: CraiginUSA]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I enjoy taking the AVE because it is easy and very comfortable. It is often faster than flying since you don't have to arrive early to check luggage. When you arrive you just walk off the train with your suitcase. The train stations are in the city so you don't need a taxi to the airport.

My only complaint is a lack of space for suitcases. Large ones are intended to be placed at the end of your car. Smaller ones should go over your seat. Many people however place their smaller suitcases at the end of the car. I always try to board the train as soon as possible in order to find space. If you can't see your suitcase from your seat it is a good idea to look for it at each stop.

Many people get confused and enter the wrong car. Once inside the car check the number shown over the front door.

I am sure you will enjoy traveling by train. The AVE approaches 300 km per hour and the ride is very smooth. The seats are very comfortable and you can walk through the train.

#94572 - 01/28/16 02:09 PM Re: Retired///First trip to Europe [Re: CraiginUSA]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
very good I take lots of fast trains but still prefer the car ::)

many people will tell me about the train but been a frequent train traveler with fidelity card to show, its only for the means of business. With the family I take the car even to go to Spain.
Cheers

#94577 - 01/28/16 04:46 PM Re: Retired///First trip to Europe [Re: CraiginUSA]
CraiginUSA Offline

Loc: State of Oregon
Thank you! I appreciate the help with my additional questions. I've taken very good notes.

#94582 - 01/29/16 02:37 PM Re: Retired///First trip to Europe [Re: CraiginUSA]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Oh your other questions, the AVE from Barcelona to Madrid you can do from 90 days in advance to look for best rates. the same of Madrid to paris both dear cities to me althought with Airlines you can even buy before that. IN Europe i usually book for long term trips a month in advance but if you are from abroad the 90 days should do it.

As to staying well for me Madrid to heaven and a hole in the sky to look down on it everyday. so take at least a week. Then on to Paris, the movable feast should be the same as minimum. I will be next week in Paris part of my regular trips there.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
embar31, guijuenongxiang
Who's Online
0 registered (), 288 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments