Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#94442 - 12/05/15 07:22 AM MadridMan Tours: Walking Tour
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
MadridMan, please tell us more about the walking tours you offer. Where do you usually start? Do you have certain areas that you always cover? Do you customize for fútbol fans, history/cultural interests, foodies? We had a great times going out for tapas with you. Even though Juliana had been living in Madrid, she had not spent much time in Sol or Plaza de Santa Ana.

Edited by MadridMan (12/13/15 04:42 AM)
Edit Reason: redefine the subject

#94468 - 12/13/15 04:55 AM Re: MadridMan Tours: Walking Tour [Re: jacmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi, jacmom!! The "MadridMan Tours" last between 2.5 and 3.0 hours and usually start in Puerta del Sol, but this can be modified. Sometimes I'll meet the people at their hotels if they don't know the city well.

The tour covers all the major Old Town locations like Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, Plaza de Oriente, Plaza de Isabel II (Opera), as well as the exteriors of the Almudena Cathedral and Royal Palace - to name a few. The tours are historical and cultural, about the country, city, local places, royals and characters of Madrid since the Roman Empire had a settlement on the banks of the Manzanares River in the 2nd Century B.C.

So far I haven't customized any football or food tours, but these are possible in the future.

Thanks for asking! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#94471 - 12/14/15 08:59 AM Re: MadridMan Tours: Walking Tour [Re: jacmom]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I would definitely be interested in a food tour and I am sure it would be quite popular. From Puerta del Sol you could start at Casa Labra for Croquetas de Bacalao. This historic taberna is one of my favorites.

I hope to return to Madrid at the end of April and again in October. Maybe I can join one of your tours.

Saludos, Arturo

#94472 - 12/14/15 09:35 AM Re: MadridMan Tours: Walking Tour [Re: jacmom]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'd say bacalao rebozado but croquetas de bacalao is the same. The problem? There are lot of people to buy...but.... I'm a supporter of bacalao...I love!!

#94474 - 12/14/15 03:22 PM Re: MadridMan Tours: Walking Tour [Re: jacmom]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
MM, food tours make sense; all things food and wine are a growing market - interest in both is escalating.

#94476 - 12/15/15 05:26 PM Re: MadridMan Tours: Walking Tour [Re: jacmom]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Wonder if food tour could somehow be combined with the cooking school that several MM people went to a few years ago.

#94478 - 12/16/15 09:18 AM Re: MadridMan Tours: Walking Tour [Re: jacmom]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Good idea, Jacmom! It would certainly give MM 2 venues by which to hype the event(s) and it could be tailored to run for more than one day ...

MM, your thoughts?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
charlie wallwork, marcus cj, Sally S Brown
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments