Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#94358 - 11/16/15 12:15 PM Madrid -Puerta del Sol tree
Crisco Offline

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/comunidad-de-madrid/madrid/puerta-del-sol.html

It's that time of year again the Christmas tree is being set up-looks like the same tree from years past!

i love this web cam-they recently added ANOTHER ONE-Plaza de Espana but the one in the Puerta del Sol is the most fun -especially to see how active it is in the early hours of the morning-there's also audio!

#94359 - 11/16/15 02:06 PM Re: Madrid -Puerta del Sol tree [Re: Crisco]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Crisco, that loud sigh was me being homesick. Thanks for reminding about me how truly lovely Madrid is at Christmas ...

#94435 - 12/03/15 12:59 AM Re: Madrid -Puerta del Sol tree [Re: Crisco]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yup! The Puerta del Sol Christmas tree is UP and illuminated until about midnight, I think. It's the same Lottery Commission-sponsored tree as the previous two years. I also love the fact that you can HEAR the noises (albeit heard from a rooftop) of the Puerta del Sol from that webcam - and it's a shame they turn it off during the New Years Eve countdown and other demonstrations/events.

There was a report this morning on Telemadrid about how the number of ambulatory/temporary lottery-ticket seller stands have increased this year in the Puerta del Sol. They mentioned that there may be some regulation of this in future years so as not to cause more pedestrian congestion.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#94439 - 12/04/15 09:32 PM Re: Madrid -Puerta del Sol tree [Re: Crisco]
chivasusa Offline

That web-cam at Sol makes me miss Madrid . I was just watching it at 3am on a Friday. The sound is pretty good. There was a drunk I was watching arguing with people. I used to spend time with my friend Luis there. Ten years ago, he was vending there every night. He would retrieve a folding table he had locked on the wall in a nearby alley. He sold inscence, jewelry, rolling papers , pipes, lighters. It was like a vendor at a Grateful Dead parking lot. [illicit] He would be around Los Guerrilleros. It eventually got too hot in Sol. I tended his table a few times when he went off for change. He was there around 10pm to 2am most nights. I stayed with him there many nights. He would point out pickpockets, actors, all kinds of things to me. Luis is still lurking around late at night around Madrid. He is rarely out before 7pm. Not a day person. Anybody remember him?

#94441 - 12/05/15 07:07 AM Re: Madrid -Puerta del Sol tree [Re: Crisco]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I had never seen the tree during the daylight. I actually like it better than at night, of course, for me this is just seeing it in pictures or videos.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 210 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments