Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#94171 - 07/19/15 04:13 PM Easy access route from airport to Carabanchel
Di Kitchy Offline

Loc: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK
I am hoping you wonderful people can help. Unfortunately I have a few health issues at the moment and need advice regarding metro from airport to Carabanchel stop on Green line.Normally we do not have a problem using the metro having visited Madrid a couple of times and Barcelona many but this time we need to consider the possibility of wheelchair or hopefully just easy access. We also have been told that the bus stops close to our apartment on linea 34 but think we may have to figure that one out when we get there. Any advice welcome, we have considered a taxi but not sure on cost or if it is reliable....as the Metro certainly is and is a much loved part of our holiday.
Thank you

#94173 - 07/20/15 07:01 PM Re: Easy access route from airport to Carabanchel [Re: Di Kitchy]
chivasusa Offline

New fixed rate on taxi 30 euros to center, may not cover where you are going, but if you have a lot of bags it is best to take the taxi. I like to take cercania out of T4 these days, I think if you take it all the way to Piramides you can transfer to line 5 which goes to Carabanchel. However that transfer could be a deal breaker. Does anyone know the layout at Piramides cercania to metro 5 transfer? It does feel good to NOT take the taxi from the airport. I did get pick pocketed going on metro from the airport . Bit of a rookie mistake. Now my friend meets me at the airport and we take the cercania together. He is a local so its easy.

#94175 - 07/21/15 01:09 PM Re: Easy access route from airport to Carabanchel [Re: Di Kitchy]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
taxi are now 30 Euros to anywhere in central Madrid inside the M30 road.Sl you will be ok by it.

you can take the cercanias C1 train from T4 alright,takes you to piramides, it is on line 5 of metro my line when lived in the city just recently back from it.

however to Carabanchel need to change 2X on metro, airport line 8 to nuevos ministerios take line 10 to casa de campo and there take line 5 to Carabanchel; almost an hour.

if you have your condition and luggage , take the taxi.

Cheers

#94177 - 07/22/15 02:49 PM Re: Easy access route from airport to Carabanchel [Re: Di Kitchy]
Di Kitchy Offline

Thank you all so very much for your advice.I have decided to change the apartment where we are staying. We do normally like to stay outside the centre and make the most of the metro journeys, coming from England it is a pleasure to use a public transport system that is punctual, clean, inexpensive and efficient. Sadly my health has made this troublesome on this visit. So, we are now staying next to Callao station and have a route that has lifts at each of the changes. We are also central enough for most of the things that we like to see and do.

#94180 - 07/23/15 01:28 PM Re: Easy access route from airport to Carabanchel [Re: Di Kitchy]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

ahh yes Callao is wonderful, the times square of Madrid ::) thanks and enjoy Madrid.

#94182 - 07/24/15 03:09 AM Re: Easy access route from airport to Carabanchel [Re: Di Kitchy]
Di Kitchy Offline

Thank you Pedmar we cannot wait. Just done over 2000miles touring with our motorhome through France then onto Spain. Visited some very nice places, San Sebastian, Viktoria Gastez, Bilbao, Pamplona and my personal favourite Hondarribia. Our heart is in Madrid...........

#94188 - 07/25/15 10:17 AM Re: Easy access route from airport to Carabanchel [Re: Di Kitchy]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Funny I have a Spanish /English couple camping out to Italy now and they do a lot of France and Spain too. I live in Brittany France now, but once lived in Madrid, and visited often ,always in my heart.
Enjoy it

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
embar31, guijuenongxiang
Who's Online
0 registered (), 288 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments