Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9409 - 09/25/08 07:21 PM Madrid: Hostal Chelo
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I just got back from Spain and I thought I'd put in another good word for the world famous Hostal Chelo . This was my 5th or 6th stay there over the past 8 years and I've never been disapointed with my choice. For those who are looking for inexpensive lodging option in Madrid, whilst benefiting from a superb central location Chelo should fit your needs. I've stayed in all kinds of lodging in Spain over the years from Albergues along the Camino de Santiago to upperend Hotels along the North Coast, and I find the cost-value relationship at Chelo to be at the top.

I understand Hostales/Pensiones may not appeal to all travels, those with deep pockets or those who visit Spain for the first time on their dream trip will likely choose a more traditional hotel, but for those who need a cheap clean room in a great location choose Chelo .

Saludos,
Shawn

#9410 - 09/26/08 08:09 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Chelo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the review of Hostal Chelo Shawn! It's much appreciated and of no surprise to me. I've only stayed there once and felt the same as you. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9411 - 09/27/08 06:01 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Chelo
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Have to agree with Shawn. I think we've stayed there a few more times ( pre lift !)and have never been disappointed.

It should be noted that Chueca is very good for Shoe and Handbag shopping !!

As an aside MadridMan, shame we couldn't meet up.
We ate at Vivares twice and went with Antonio to the bar/restaurant La Bardemcilla, owned by actor Javier Bardems family. Very reasonable cost wise and great ambience.
() / ()

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments