Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#94042 - 06/01/15 04:43 AM Reaching retirement , what to do?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
hey hey read all about it!!! I just got my preliminary answer from the French Social Security people, already merging my experince in the USA.

The daunting news is will need to wait until 2018 to know how much I will be getting. Early discounted retirement in 2020 and full retirement in 2025!

Can't wait to get out of the rat race , but what about the retirement race, where to go, what to do , and how to do it?

Of course, my favorite would be Spain. Anybody here in same situation or similar or looking forward to it as to the above questions?

Cheers

#94050 - 06/04/15 05:02 AM Re: Reaching retirement , what to do? [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT news, pedmar! I'd vote for retirment in Spain, of course. Things are still pretty laid back here compared to other places - which can be both a blessing AND a curse. hehehehe... Best of luck on your decision.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#94051 - 06/05/15 05:47 AM Re: Reaching retirement , what to do? [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Thanks MM, yes I still got a bit of time but planning starts now.
I have many friends already in it, that thought to go one place and end up in another.

When you have kids/sons ,the consequences of where to be are taken as a whole. I have one American friends couple who live in Baja ,Mexico and they are over 1000 kms from nearest relative and daughter in Baltimore, so they go once a year and sometimes skip. Do not know if I can do that ,and I have 3 so can't split!

Spain would be nice for obvious reasons for me and easy transports to France but right now it is on my no 1 list; will see.

Cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
Gypsy, CandianInSpain, b_zzzt, mariahbay, JaneJ
7745 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Dean
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 625 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

[greatMadridHotels.com]
[greatBarcelonaHotels.com]
Discounts on Madrid Hotels, Barcelona Hotels & Throughout Spain!

Other Martin Media Websites: GreatMadridHotels.com Hoteles-en-Madrid.com GreatBarcelonaHotels.com Hoteles-Barcelona.eu GreatSevilleHotels.com Hoteles-en-Sevilla.com GreatSpainHotels.com Avila Hotels Burgos Hotels Chipiona Hotels Cuenca Hotels Granada Hotels Huesca Hotels Jerez Hotels Oviedo Hotels Pamplona Hotels Ronda Hotels San Sebastian Hotels Santander Hotels Santiago De Compostela Hotels Segovia Hotels Valladolid Hotels Vitoria Hotels Zaragoza Hotels Spain Hostels Hostales BarcelonaMan.com BilbaoMan.com CadizMan.com CordobaMan.com GranadaMan.com MadridMan.com SantanderMan.com SantiagoMan.com SegoviaMan.com SevilleMan.com ToledoMan.com ValenciaMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Paseo del Prado El Faro de Moncloa Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments