Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93918 - 04/01/15 12:37 PM What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I was thinking about all the invaluable bits of info I've gathered over the past 15 years or so as a follower of MadridMan and it made me curious. What was the very best thing - be it a place to visit; to stay; to eat; to experience, to buy, etc. that you learned or discovered?

Edited by Puna (04/01/15 12:38 PM)

#93919 - 04/01/15 03:23 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
wow congrats!on the 16 yrs here. I have quite less but enjoy the site as well. I cannot think of one moment , to me is to be able to share the love of Spain and its tradition with like minded persons.

Especially ,when I see most are not even Spanish yet the love and appreciation is as much as I or more.

Thanks for sharing Spain.

#94375 - 11/18/15 08:44 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
It's really great when you can get good recommendations of places to stay and even sometimes directions. I remember we traveled by bus to Granada and the directions of where and how to catch the city bus to the center were greatly appreciated.

Would love to return to Granada sometime and spend several days there, a couple to again tour the Alhambra and then to just relax in the laid back atmosphere.

#94377 - 11/18/15 11:30 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
The first time I went to Madrid to watch the Madrid Masters tennis tournament, I got great advice about getting to the city centre from the airport. The information on hostels was useful too,
RR

#94378 - 11/18/15 07:35 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
chivasusa Offline

It was important to me to know about the closing of Petra's International book store. It was a first day stop for me. I was glad that others cared about tiny bookstores. On a more positive note I think the best thing about this is MM himself, his comments, his story, his blog ,his passion about Spain which I share. I am now following MM on twitter also. My twitter handle is #patg85. Maybe some of us can connect there .

#94388 - 11/19/15 05:36 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

I am in FB with puna, MM, steve robinson, Sharon from here ::) I just found a basque from Chile living in the USA to join me lol!

But lets keep this place alive, thank you for the activity and trying, Cheers

#94393 - 11/20/15 02:29 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

I agree with Pedmar; let's keep MM alive. Surely we all know people who are traveling to Spain for the first time or after many years. Referring them to MadridMan as a brilliant resource is the least we can do to says gracias and aloha for the years and years MM has given to building and maintaining the site. Spain - and Madrid in particular - is his passion and ours.

Edited by Puna (11/20/15 02:30 PM)

#94395 - 11/20/15 09:46 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
chivasusa Offline

I didn't mean to switch to twitter instead of this forum. I will be posting here, especially since we are all trying to jump start this wonderful resource. I hope to meet some of you down the road sometime. So if any body is coming to Houston, Tx. I would like to meet with you and show off my extensive library of books about Spain.

#94397 - 11/21/15 10:48 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Chivasusa, I admire your use of Twitter. It drives me nuts but it is super easy and gaining more and more followers every day.

#94401 - 11/21/15 12:13 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

good for all you my friends; yes one day we will meet anywhere. I am off to Brazil tom anyone ?? ::)

We had met in Madrid with Steve Robinson, MM, and Sharon from Detroit. at Cafe Bernabeu I took them and it was memorable we still cherish the picture we had together the server took it.

one of this day, in the meantime lets keep in touch here.

#94403 - 11/21/15 09:45 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
chivasusa Offline

Yes Puna, it is easy and you can follow people that are well known in Spain but not on the radar here. An example of this is the Great Flamenco dancer Antonio Canales. I follow him so his posts including instagram photos come to me. I see pictures of Sevilla and events in his life, its great. I met him in Irvine, Ca. after one of his shows and spoke with him about my fondness of the movie VENGO.

#94414 - 11/24/15 09:46 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I registered on MadridMan almost 15 years ago. My first trip to Spain was in 1973. I didn't return until 2000. I now go back to Fuengirola/Málaga twice a year, usually in May and October. I now have many friends there.

Thanks to MadridMan I have learned a lot about Madrid and all of Spain. I often fly to Madrid before taking the AVE to Málaga. On MadridMan I discovered Hostal Bruña, my place to stay in Madrid.

Whenever I visit someplace new in Spain I check out MadridMan. It is a great source of information. I have always wanted to attend a MadridMan get together but the timing was never right. Maybe 2016 will be the year.

I did meet RobbieRoy in Fuengirola twice. Maybe we can meet there again. I believe the Madrid Masters Tennis begins on April 29. I have been enjoying his posts on Scotland.

I do not post that often but I check the site regularly. Now that I am retired I will try to post more often.

#94416 - 11/26/15 02:33 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I remember that well Art. We went for a trip in my old Peugeot 309 car that I kept there :-)

Here is a stroll down memory lane with some photos from that era...

Edited by robbieroy (11/26/15 02:38 AM)

#94418 - 11/26/15 10:42 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Along with info on Spain the personal friendships that MM has led to are a truly special thing.

#94419 - 11/26/15 09:46 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
Rob
El tiempo vuelta....
It is hard to believe we first met 10 years ago. We went to the Lew Hoad Tennis Club near Mijas. We then ate in a venta on the way to Coin.
I still take the bus up to Mijas every time I visit my friends in Fuengirola.

#94421 - 11/27/15 04:50 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The BEST thing I ever learned from MadridMan was that people love to travel and experience the world. And BECAUSE of MadridMan I've met many of these wonderful people who have visited Madrid. I give thanks for that. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#94437 - 12/03/15 06:05 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I agree 100%! The wonderful people I have met throughout the years because of MadridMan and this website have enriched my life for sure. smile

#94443 - 12/05/15 03:52 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

kudos to all here, so true and so nice. One day we need to do an all MM meeting in Madrid. hard to plan I know but well Worth it. ::)

#94444 - 12/05/15 04:00 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

ah as wont be around for a week , traveling again lol! Let me tell you what I meant for the above last sentence.

Many many years ago a guy from Florida USA was a strong follower of the Real Madrid and got on internet sites with people that love the team as well. Over the years we had a great rapport online and were almost always daily on the board.

Then, came 2003, the year I came to live in France, and got the idea oontacted all these people most of them from all over Spain and told them to do a meeting on a game in Madrid. The idea caught on fire and before we know it were meeting at the Vista Alegre to see a Real Madrid vs Estudiantes basketball game and next day a football/soccer match vs Sevilla.

There were more than 50 persons from all over Spain as far as Tenerife and from the Americas guy from Guatemala. We had dinner in a Galician resto and all and met for the first time in person!

The friendship has endured over the meetings once every couple years, and now I am honorary member of 5 peñas of Real Madrid from Xove, Galicia to Malaga; we are still in touch by email and planning on meeting again in the near future in Madrid again.

There you go my big mouth story ::)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments