Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93918 - 04/01/15 12:37 PM What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I was thinking about all the invaluable bits of info I've gathered over the past 15 years or so as a follower of MadridMan and it made me curious. What was the very best thing - be it a place to visit; to stay; to eat; to experience, to buy, etc. that you learned or discovered?

Edited by Puna (04/01/15 12:38 PM)

#93919 - 04/01/15 03:23 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
wow congrats!on the 16 yrs here. I have quite less but enjoy the site as well. I cannot think of one moment , to me is to be able to share the love of Spain and its tradition with like minded persons.

Especially ,when I see most are not even Spanish yet the love and appreciation is as much as I or more.

Thanks for sharing Spain.

#94375 - 11/18/15 08:44 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
It's really great when you can get good recommendations of places to stay and even sometimes directions. I remember we traveled by bus to Granada and the directions of where and how to catch the city bus to the center were greatly appreciated.

Would love to return to Granada sometime and spend several days there, a couple to again tour the Alhambra and then to just relax in the laid back atmosphere.

#94377 - 11/18/15 11:30 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
robbieroy Online   content
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
The first time I went to Madrid to watch the Madrid Masters tennis tournament, I got great advice about getting to the city centre from the airport. The information on hostels was useful too,
RR

#94378 - 11/18/15 07:35 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
chivasusa Offline

It was important to me to know about the closing of Petra's International book store. It was a first day stop for me. I was glad that others cared about tiny bookstores. On a more positive note I think the best thing about this is MM himself, his comments, his story, his blog ,his passion about Spain which I share. I am now following MM on twitter also. My twitter handle is #patg85. Maybe some of us can connect there .

#94388 - 11/19/15 05:36 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

I am in FB with puna, MM, steve robinson, Sharon from here ::) I just found a basque from Chile living in the USA to join me lol!

But lets keep this place alive, thank you for the activity and trying, Cheers

#94393 - 11/20/15 02:29 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

I agree with Pedmar; let's keep MM alive. Surely we all know people who are traveling to Spain for the first time or after many years. Referring them to MadridMan as a brilliant resource is the least we can do to says gracias and aloha for the years and years MM has given to building and maintaining the site. Spain - and Madrid in particular - is his passion and ours.

Edited by Puna (11/20/15 02:30 PM)

#94395 - 11/20/15 09:46 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
chivasusa Offline

I didn't mean to switch to twitter instead of this forum. I will be posting here, especially since we are all trying to jump start this wonderful resource. I hope to meet some of you down the road sometime. So if any body is coming to Houston, Tx. I would like to meet with you and show off my extensive library of books about Spain.

#94397 - 11/21/15 10:48 AM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Chivasusa, I admire your use of Twitter. It drives me nuts but it is super easy and gaining more and more followers every day.

#94401 - 11/21/15 12:13 PM Re: What's the BEST thing you ever learned from MM? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

good for all you my friends; yes one day we will meet anywhere. I am off to Brazil tom anyone ?? ::)

We had met in Madrid with Steve Robinson, MM, and Sharon from Detroit. at Cafe Bernabeu I took them and it was memorable we still cherish the picture we had together the server took it.

one of this day, in the meantime lets keep in touch here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
seanmiles800, MikeRod1, Eustathius, Gypsy, Eduardo Rivas
7766 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
irish_blee, Larry1960
Who's Online
1 registered (robbieroy), 785 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments