MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9386 - 06/16/08 09:50 AM Alicante central cheap lodgings
Jeananne10 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi There,
Im hoping you can help with the following :
I need a cheap hostal or pension located centrally in Alicante capital. Its been quite some time since Ive been there but I have previously stayed at a cheap pension on la Rambla - any ideas if its still above the Havana cafe (if that´s still there!)
Any recommendations for any centrally located cheap (€20-30 per night or less if possible)accomodation will be very greatly received. I forgot to say that I will be going to Alicante at the end of July : )

Many thanks in advance
Jeananne

#9387 - 06/16/08 10:11 AM Re: Alicante central cheap lodgings
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
great place to stay is Alicante great location to get to places we had a beano here

try this link hope it helps
http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Alicante/ChosenCountry.Spain

but you are also going at the most expensive time of the year

#9388 - 06/16/08 10:23 AM Re: Alicante central cheap lodgings
Jeananne10 Offline

Unfortunately because of my job I have no choice but to go in July - a right pain in the arse I know.

Thank you so much for your advice : )

#9389 - 06/16/08 02:39 PM Re: Alicante central cheap lodgings
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Be sure to check http://www.ValenciaMan.com/alicante/alicante-hostels.html for "cheap"-er hostels/"hostales"/"pensiones". Only a small few have websites.

It's pretty darn difficult to find a private room for €20-30 per night in PEAK SEASON summer, however, so prepare yourself for that. Casa Miguel has a private individual room for only 24 Euros per night with a shared bathroom so this might be your ONLY option. Hostal-Pension La Milagrosa also has an individual room in this price range.

Best of luck and enjoy Alicante City! I like it a lot!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9390 - 07/10/08 10:39 AM Re: Alicante central cheap lodgings
Jeananne10 Offline

Hello MadridMan
You were right - Casa Miguel was my only option. So I just want to say thanks a million smile
I don't think I would have come across the place otherwise. The staff were really friendly on the phone when I made the booking too. Have you ever stayed there - just asking as I haven't been able to find any reviews on trip advisor.
Many thanks again
Jeananne

#9391 - 07/10/08 03:01 PM Re: Alicante central cheap lodgings
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Jeananne10! We were glad to help in your search for affordable lodging in Alicante.

I have not stayed at nor did not tour Casa Miguel . In fact, I only learned about it after leaving via the internew. So YOUR review might be one of the few on the internet. THANKS!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments